Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan Peisey and Ski Beat

Poster: A snowHead
As a confirmed tignesaddict and VT lover I am looking at somewhere different for this year's trip. Paradiski area is getting the vote best for size and variation of terrain so I have begun looking at options. Ski Beat currently have some great deals in plan peisey bit i thought i would check on here for other people's opinions. I know it is not good for nightlife but neither am I so I've no problem with that. Just really needing to know about getting around the full area and if anyone has recently stayed there with Ski Beat and what they found good / bad about their experience. Would be going end feb as a group of 4 adults, 3 boarders and 1 skier, all very experienced advanced level but not looking to ski blacks all the time!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 25-11-19 14:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Purplecat, if you like Killy and 3V then you I am sure you will like Paradiski.

Plan Peisey is good for access to skiing in the trees for if the weather is bad and also good because you can make full use of the La Plagne side of the domain. Some people aren't fussed and stick to their side but I usually stay in Les Coches and spend half my days on one side and half on the other.

No idea about Ski Beat.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never used Ski beat but skied Paradiski many times. Plan Peisey is right between Les Arc and La Plagne so fairly easy access to all the area. We are skiers so can't make comment on how easy it is to travel around on a board but I can't remember any long flat areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Purplecat, Plan Peisey is on the edge or the Les Arcs domain but it is still easy to get to the rest of the resort quiclky and easily. From the top of the Peisey lift, one run takes you to the Transarc in 1800, from the top of that you can ski all the way down to Pre st Espirit, The Lanchette lift in 2000 will allow you to get to Villaroger the farest extremity of the resort. All with just 3 lifts. Don't worry about it.

You can also get a lift pass that allows you to use the Vanoise express and ski in La Plagne as well.

I haven't used Ski Beat for almost 20 years. They were fine then, but in my opinion have gone very expensive since.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the quick replies, I think I am happy with the location now I've had some help through the piste map.

Help though.... How can i change the thread title to get Ski Beat advice added!?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They've been going 30 years.

Good reviews here https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.skibeat.co.uk

By end of Feb the kinks should have been sorted if there were any and it's not late so staff won't be knackered and wanting the season to end.

You can always get unlucky with any firm but the odds are good for a trouble free week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can give some help now, and more in a few weeks time.

We stayed in Piesey about 5 years ago, (in a Ski Amis chalet, which was lovely.) Both of us snowboarders found getting around all of Les Arcs fairly easy, and the routes back down to Peisey were good runs on a board. As mentioned above, Les Arcs has a few good diagonal runs that allow you to traverse across the resort quite easily.

We'll be there, in a SkiBeat chalet in less than 3 weeks time. We're staying at Boucs blanc I think, but there's a number all very close to each other. If I've not been back and updated by the New Year, buzz me a message and I can give you a recent review.

I hadn't used Skibeat before, and hit google quite hard for some reviews before we booked. I found the usual one or two rants, but nothing like enough to worry me, and quite happy to be going with them. I thought the pricepoint was pretty darn good actually, so hoping to be looked after but not expecting luxury. We'll see howe it goes.

Jess.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Beat
Snowheads Gold
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60313&highlight=ski+beat

Better stock up on some snacks before setting off on this thread Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
betterinblack wrote:
Ski Beat
Snowheads Gold
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=60313&highlight=ski+beat

Better stock up on some snacks before setting off on this thread Smile

Thanks for the reminder. Great for a cold winters night that Laughing Laughing snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I stayed in PP with Ski Beat a couple of years ago over Christmas. If you aren't bothered about wild apres then it's a great spot for access to both sides. The chalet with SB was clean and I had no complaints. Food was fab but I dropped lucky with the host who was previously a chef.

I'd recommend the company and resort.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did Ski Beat in Plan Peisey quite a few years ago. It was a well run chalet, and while the place was quiet that didn't matter since catering was included. Great location for putting the miles under your skis in either direction.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stopped with Ski Beat 3 times in Plan Peisey at their Fleur des Neiges chalet and always had a great time and good food, certainly at the better end of chalet accommodation. Really close to the slopes and the big cable car to La Plagne.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I stayed with Ski Beats at the start of February last year in chalet Marmotton in Plan Peisey. 5 or 6 of the Ski Beat chalets are grouped together on a hill with chalet Marmotton at the top. Be careful which chalet you choose in the block if your not too fit, as the bottom chalets are down 100 steps (I think ski Beat advertise this).

I wouldn’t say Ski Beat are at the better end of the market, I’ve stayed with other firms (ski total, Chrystal ski, inghams, ski France etc) and I’d say they are all similar (although I only went with ski France once and they were the worst), as always it depends on who you get as chef. But Id defiantly be happy to recommend them.

The chalet was 150 meters to the lifts, so good positioning. I did 2 days in La Plagne (and have spent a week there before). I prefer the Les Arc side. As a boarder, I found that La Plagne to be a bit samey, with a number of runs a bit flat And often on a angle across the slope. Although before I upset any residence, I’ve heard there is good off piste if you know where to go.

Finally as the end of Feb will include part of a French school holiday, and therefore will be busier than normal, if you are debating which ski pass to get, I’d recommend to get the full paradiski area pass as this also gives you some quick access to certain lifts (it did last year, so I assume it will this year as well).

Overall, I’d recommend Ski Beat and Plan Peisey.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of the big advantages of Ski Beat is that lots of their flights are into Lyon rather than Grenoble. It's a far better experience.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I worked a season with Ski Beat, 7 or 8 years ago now. I was based in Meribel but got to see a few of the chalets in PP, they were very nice. Not sure if it’s changed since but Ski Beat seemed to get quite a few returning chalet staff which meant they had decent experience and weren’t all just straight out of college/uni, and they have a decent support staff network out there of people who have been there years.

After doing my first season in Les Arcs, It is my favourite ski area, I’m less keen on la plagne but it’s still a great option to have. I love that there’s loads to ski in Les Arcs but it all joins up very well and you can relatively quickly get to most of the major areas on the mountain with just a couple of lifts. Peisey Vallandryis also ideal for maximising the la Plagne side too, the trip over the Vanoise on a clear day is worth the money alone IMO.
latest report
We've stayed in Peisey Nancroix at least 6 times over the years, and I would say that the access to everywhere from Plan Peisey is very good. We've also stayed in Belle Plagne and Arc 1600, and neither were as good for getting to wherever you want. Having said that, we've only once bought the whole Paradiski pass (because our tour op could get it for the same price as the Les Arcs pass), and have been quite happy with only going across the Vanoise once in the week.The year we had the whole pass we skied 8 days, and still only went over twice. There is plenty to keep you happy for a week on the Les Arcs side.
I have a friend who has done 4 ski seasons, 2 with Crystal, and the last 2 with Ski Beat. She was far more impressed with Ski Beat than Crystal - as someone else said, they have a lot of staff who return to the same resort, so the staff tend to be a bit more experienced, and a bit older.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the info, just got to decide on a chalet now!!
snow conditions
@Purplecat, We got back on Saturday afternoon from a week in Peisey with Skibeat, as mentioned above.

In general, it was a superb trip.

Flights were early morning, coach for transfers could have done with a bit more legroom (I'm 6'5" though) and they had teething problems with the hot water for an evening. Other than that, it was 1st class all the way through. Plenty of reps at the airport to direct us to the right coach, plenty to help get bags into the chalet. We had a brillaint host called Archie in Chalet Bouc Blanc. Very hard to believe he was just out of school and on his first ever week of a season. He was calm, friendly, helpful, brilliant with the kids, cheerful and positive. The place was spotless and the food well cooked. Yes, I have drunk better wine and eaten slightly better food when away in the mountains, but never at anything like this price point - definitely the best quality for the buck we've ever come across.

I'll definitely check for their offers every time I look for a holiday from now on.

Jess.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy