Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colour coordination is back in!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
clarky999 wrote:
......If the Shifts had another higher angle climbing bail anway Laughing

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BobinCH wrote:
Look forward to a review of the new 138’s! A bit easier on the skate outs at that lighter weight I imagine!

Just a quick update on the Lotus 138's for @BobinCH, as this is quite a niche comparison for those who have skied either the DPS Lotus 138 or the DPS Spoon, which isn't a large number of people Smile

I have only managed 3 days on the 138's so far this season due to the extreme lack of new snow. As shown below I spent one morning lapping the Plattjen lift in Saas-Fee, but at no point did I use the piste Toofy Grin The off-piste area starts with open faces at around 30 degrees, and ends in much steeper 40 degree+ closely spaced trees with some open glades. There was around 23-30cm of new soft but not powder snow to play with, with more in the woods.

As expected the Lotus 138's excel on wide faces, allowing you to really open up and adjust the radius at will (they were designed for Alaskan spines after all), so they are more stable than the Spoon's at speed, but the downside of that is that they suffer in the trees taking more effort to turn than the Spoon's which can be flicked with your ankles. They do traverse better than the Spoon's, but pretty much everything traverses better than the Spoon's.

If skiing the two back to back in 30cm or more powder then the Spoon's win hands down, the same again for tree skiing, but introduce wider faces and slightly more variable snow then the 138's gain ground. It's now a question of having too many toys, if I only had either one, then I'd be a happy with either, but having skied both...............first world problems Toofy Grin

IMG_EC12F35B145B-1<script></script>

Example ski track just visible Cool
IMG_5417 copy<script></script>
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PowderAdict, my daughter was scolding me for not having ridden the Spoons this season... the original A124’s are too good... Although mine are on their last legs and apparently the new version is a lot stiffer Sad
When are you bringing your 138’s to Verbier for a Faceoff!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Spoon's are there to be admired and savored, not to be wasted on sub-standard conditions rolling eyes

Missed my chance this year for a faceoff as left Switzerland now, and off to Hokkaido for 3 weeks, and trying to decide what quiver to take. Probably the RP100, Lotus 124 and Spoons, so I can go up or down by an inch depending on conditions Cool

How have you managed to trash your A124's, base, flex or de-lamination? My DPS are all as new, although with much fewer days on them, but I'm also very light and not a charger.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PowderAdict, I must have put close to 150 days on the A124 and several base grinds from big rock holes has not left much base left! They still ski great. When do you get to Hokkaido? May be there next week
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’m in Furano from 6th to 10th, then Niseko from 11th to 15th, then Otaru from the 16th etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, & @PowderAdict,

another Spoon track - two fab days last week in Spoon conditions. Retired them for the mo although they make good ski nautiques...
10 turns home from Grinning
https://vimeo.com/389598113
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy