Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP Jake

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We all owe you a debt for what you did for snowsports.

(Yes even skiers if they've been on a ski designed in the last 25 years)

Not a good year for the OGs. First Sherman Poppen , now Jake
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/obituaries/2019/11/21/jake-burton-carpenter-who-founded-burton-snowboards-dies/gpLXKUhZ9uowwu4IEdqpsI/story.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Jake. RIP
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry to hear that. There's more detail here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He'd been in poor health for a decade or so.

A one-plank pioneer.

Ride in Peace, dood.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That sucks - feckin cancer claims another person, it's getting crazy amongst contemporaries of a similar age to me and even younger, seems like someone is taken from us every other month or so, though in this case I'm four years younger.

I must have switched from skiing to snowboarding well over 30 years ago I think.

One of my best mates was working for Second Level Sports up at Ashford near Heathrow, he was managing the emerging MTB brand Kona, the other brand they had was Burton. So Burton featured a great deal in my first ten or so years of snowboarding, and the annual Burton trip at the beginning of the season was great fun.

How close Jake was to the business since it became a corporate I don't actually know, in many ways similar to Jack O'Neil but he'll be remembered for what he created and not so much for what it became.

RIP
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just read about it, such a shame Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weathercam wrote:
... How close Jake was to the business since it became a corporate I don't actually know...
Me neither, although the feeling I got second hand was that he was still reasonably involved. He was at least still boarding when the Joy Stick, his favoured ride, was in the Burton line up.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bye jake Sad

@Weathercam, He was involved in making the step-on's, so still took a keen interest in his baby.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
He never did fully take his hands off the tiller of the ship, particularly design and the brand. He still would turn up to test new models up until his health issues overtook him, and was still taking a very active interest in the team riders.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I read this overnight. So sad.

Jake patented the snowboard and then said he would never charge royalties. This was so the sport could grow. His company benefited massively from this insightful gesture.

It was snowboard shaping that made skis the shape they are today. Both sports have benefited massively from what he did.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy