Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski season without a job!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@cad99uk, that apartment was mine but I am unlikely to offer it up for the foreseeable future as it is in full use this season by us and friends and hopefully next...then I will be retired
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@holidayloverxx, I was not looking for a specific apartment but just what area RobinS had based himself in.

When we do a full season it will probably be in Schladming.

I can thoroughly recommend retirement.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GeorgeVII wrote:

You have to commit to a certain amount of expenditure quite early in the year if you want to nail down accommodation etc in a popular resort. At the time I would have been securing a studio let the £ was at euro 1.07.

Pound has recovered (1.16 'ish at the moment) but it's not improbable that it could tank again. My point is simply that you may have to factor in some margins for your outlay.

Don't get me wrong based up on searching on here and various other sites we are building up a budget based upon different resorts, Austria is certainly a prime favourite at the moment.

Travel wise we will take the car, we can use the euro-tunnel for free using Tesco vouchers and the car is a hybrid so very economical. This gives us the freedom to visit other resorts if need be and easier for shopping.

One other consideration which eliminates the accommodation problem is we are considering buying a motor-home next year, when the other half did here season as a chalet host a few years ago she noted quite a few doing this. Of course said MH will be a decent make that is winterised.

We have already factored in season ski passes, one return flight to the UK for emergencies, investigating health insurance just in case.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@sugarmoma666, she..
oops Embarassed As I wrote this I did realise I wasn't sure if I should be using he or she.
Signing up to the PSB and seeing the Rogues Gallery has led me to realign my views of several SH. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sugarmoma666, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RobinS wrote:
This though is living in the alps to go skiing - it is not holidaying with loads of meals out etc.
I think that's a very good concept to get your head around first by the way. I'm pretty sure I have, although I don't doubt there will be one or two holiday weeks in there Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tarquin wrote:
RobinS wrote:
This though is living in the alps to go skiing - it is not holidaying with loads of meals out etc.
I think that's a very good concept to get your head around first by the way. I'm pretty sure I have, although I don't doubt there will be one or two holiday weeks in there Laughing

You turning your back on yarksheer and living in Austria for the winter? My ultimate ambition (well not the yarksheer bit) Brexshite permitting.

Yep getting your head out of holiday mode is important as is turning skiing into a sort of job as motivation to get up there on the crappy days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m doing exactly that and while I was tempted to go to more affordable or well regarded areas deep down I really wanted Chamonix and that’s what I’m going for. This is a one off for me (I wish to repeat but not easily)and It felt weird, personally, to risk going for an area that I might not like after all.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gustavobs, We could only afford the one non-working season, so this season we will be in Chamonix working 4 days per week and skiing the other 3.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobinS wrote:
@Gustavobs, We could only afford the one non-working season, so this season we will be in Chamonix working 4 days per week and skiing the other 3.

Nice one, I thought about that too but my employer does not welcome remote working, especially when I mentioned Where I would be, although technically no reason why I couldn’t. In fact OH is remote working 3 days/week after 1 month off. Maybe next year need to find an employer used with remote working, since IT industry, probably not too difficult.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did Whistler 15 or so years back.
There was a UK company who rented out houses. I shared a room for 6 months (I was only there for 4 1/2 months)
Whistler was a good place, there was quite a community of people doing a similar season, maybe 8 houses of ~8 ppl per house, spread around.
Season ticket was expensive but good value considering how long you got.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
You turning your back on yarksheer and living in Austria for the winter? My ultimate ambition (well not the yarksheer bit) Brexshite permitting.
Laughing Aye, something like that. Second attempt.

Quote:
Yep getting your head out of holiday mode is important as is turning skiing into a sort of job as motivation to get up there on the crappy days.
Eh ? If I'm there all the time the XCs might come out on bad days Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tarquin, Can't see.... don't ski! not worth beating yourself up on a really crappy day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy