Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Insurance (inc off opiste)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I need to renew my insurance to include guided off piste.
Before I renew with my current insurer, could somebody provide a recommendation as to who they are insured with please.

thanks

Adam
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just had quotes for renewing mine. Based on recommendations on here, I went with MPI. They agreed to cover a medical condition and were slightly cheaper than Columbus, who I also got a quote from. Axa (my current insurer) were ridiculously expensive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for MPI.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The most asked question on snowheads?
Austrian Alpine Club plus a cheapo policy to cover the basics not insured by AAC.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Austrian Alpine Club plus a cheapo policy to cover the basics not insured by AAC.

This.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Asda
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hd, @RobinS, AAC only covers medical expenses up to €10k though.

If you get a serious injury off-piste, you'll be covered for rescue (up to €25k) and €10k medical but any further expenses will have to be covered by you (If you're somewhere like USA, Canada or Japan, medical expenses could easily top this). The cheapo policy won't cover your medical bills because the accident happened off piste which is not covered by the policy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went with MPI. ERV also offer upgrades to cover off-piste within resort boundaries and then off-piste outside the ski area
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@musehead, unlikely you will be skiing off-piste in US/Canada though as all the terrain in bounds is patrolled and avalanche controlled. Thanks to this I've never felt the need to venture into backcountry terrain across the pond.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all - looks like the general consensus is MPI.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy