Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glacier info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another exciting Friday evening in Coulsdon......that's why I'm on here, ....I don't see many others about.

Well, my next trip to the mountains has to wait until the exams are over so it looks like we will be going to a glacier around July ish.

I went to LDA last July which was ok. Before deciding this year's venue I'd like to have assemble a summary of info on all European glaciers. The sort of details I'm thinking about are...

Country
Nearest lively town (sleep hamlets are not what I'm after on a July afternoon/evening- whereas LDA is)
Dist from town to lift (e.g. in LDA the Jandri lift is in town centre)
Name of Glacier
faces (NESW) (e.g. Saas Fee faces North for example so might stay cripser later in the day)
no of runs
Total KM runs
%black/red/blue
Summer opening season (dates)
dist from Calais (M)
nearest airport(s)
team training (are areas set aside for national teams who are training ?)
town height
height of runs (high/low above sea level in metres)
comments

What other info would be useful, I'm guessing other members might find this useful.
Is there any way to store a table (spreadsheet) on this site ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
google is your best friend here
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mike.healy, there are very unlikely to be any "genuine" blacks on a skiable glacier. Take any runs marked as such with a large pinch of salt - eg: Tignes - black???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing joke!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mike.healy wrote:
What other info would be useful

How fast its shrinking?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mike.healy, Hintertux in Austria is the best of the European glaciers for many serious skiers. Racers have always favoured it.

I like the Stubai glacier (also Austria), which is quite accessible from Innsbruck (there are probably daily buses).

Solden (Austria again) has two glaciers above it, which have had quite a lot of lift development in recent years. Solden is a sizeable resort. I thought it was reasonably good.

Saas Fee's glacier is popular because it has a good pitch. The resort is great, with stunning glaciated scenery. I think Zermatt (which now has 6-seat chair up its Furggsattel glacier) now does a joint summer lift ticket with Saas Fee. The resorts are about 90 minutes apart, using buses and trains. There's great mountainbiking in Zermatt if you want to cut some of that into the trip (with lots of lifts to take the bike).

Sorry - can't help with a spreadsheet!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mike.healy, there's no facility for uploading spreadsheets on snowHeads. You can do tables, but there's no facility for sorting, or you could go for a standard format - as used in the Resort Reports.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy