Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Supershape vs V-shape ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, I'm Phil from Belgium. English is not my native tongue so please bear with me Smile.
Looking forward to treat myself with a new pair of skis. My current pair is the 13 year old Atomic Metron 10.
I’m hesitating between the Head Supershape and V-shape range (and in particular the Supershape i.Rally and V-shape VCool.
I’m an advanced skier (level 7), 50 years old, 90kg, 190cm tall. I only ski on piste, short to medium turns, medium aggressive and no deep snow.
Which serie and model would you recommend for the Heads ?
Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome, @dmaster, I am having the same dilema myself, whether to renew my trusty Supershape I-titans with the same or move to the V-8.
I am similar age and shape to you and the titans have been brilliant to me for the last 6 years, I have been told that the new V-8 are easier and more forgiving than the titans, but just as much fun, and that they might suit my style a bit better. So to summarise, the titans are a brilliant ski and i am really torn between "progressing" and really regretting it or staying with what I know.
Does anyone else want to make my mind up?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was also wondering about the actual difference between the i.Speed, i.Magnum and i.Rally.
There are some good deals out there for last season's Heads, but not all sizes and models are still available. Can you really feel the difference between these 3 models when you're not an expert skier ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used to own the Titans and I loved them. They were easy to ski fast and very forgiving, looking at the Head website the V-Shape range seems to be aimed at slightly slower/less advanced skiers. The V-8 certainly doesn't seem to be positioned as a progression from the Titans. The Speed, Magnum and Rally all seem very similar, I'd choose by the colour!

@dmaster, my stats and skill levels are pretty similar to yours. When my Titans delaminated I switched to Dynastar SpeedZone 14. These are really good for short turns on-piste, a bit less forgiving that the Titans but faster to turn. There's some good deals around on the SpeedZones online.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy