Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aldi Ski Gear event

Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the LIDL ski gear thread -- Aldi ski gear is available on the 17th Nov

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/about-our-specialbuys/skiing?page=5
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks @albob,
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers @albob, not a huge selection at the moment. No helmets, Baselayers etc. I assume these will all get added later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can see all the helmets, baselayers etc now. Can't see any socks though!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not to diss anyone buying on a budget, but you can get far better quality stuff for extremely low cost on eBay.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers @fixx, I can see it now Smile

@Roguevfr, it's different strokes for different folks I guess - the kids love the baselayers, to a point that they wear them as pjs most of the year! Prefer Decathlon for a lot of value based purchases for the kids.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fixx wrote:

socks

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-11-17?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ASki%3AclassProductType%3ASocks&lowerBound=2&upperBound=140&text=
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Roguevfr, I think the Aldi merino baselayers are better quality than other brands that I have used.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For kids baselayers and trousers, I find the Aldi stuff brilliant value - we usually get 2 seasons out of them size wise and then hand them down so they last well.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob, thanks - the person who needed them got them before I'd even looked Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Youngest got set of planks bibs & he is asking if he can get new Aldi trousers as well as he loves his current ones (bit small now). So ignore the price, they are quality stuff
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:
fixx wrote:

socks

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-11-17?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ASki%3AclassProductType%3ASocks&lowerBound=2&upperBound=140&text=

NOT the Merino & Silk specials of yesteryear though . . .Aldi skimping these days . . .standard austerity measures
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did Aldi do merino silk baselayers previously or do you mean socks ?

I have seen the merino silk socks in Innsbruck family stores they have all sorts in Austria ..

Some Aldi merino base layers do seem better in certain years .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tirol 164, They used to do both . . .I have 8 pairs of the merino silk socks that are still going strong and are pretty much Falke copies. . .change them daily for ultimate sockage indulgence
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In previous years Aldi has had two ski gear events. The first had basic gear and the more luxury items came later on. May, or may not be the same this time.
ski holidays
Anybody bought gear today ?? ( I didn't bother going..)
ski holidays
@albob, I preordered online last week Smile
snow conditions
Yep, two pairs of kids goggles, salopettes for 5 year old, snow boots for 7 year old, ski pants for 45 year old. 57 quid for the lot I think..will see, but look like they'll be fine for our needs!
latest report
Sold out in our local
ski holidays
@Jonny996, Wow....
snow report
I didn't bother as they were queueing for the car park in our local one. Like @Belch, said above, I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of socks as I too have the merino and silk ones. Hoping there may be higher quality to come. If the merino and silk socks make a re-appearance I would buy as many as I could!!!
snow report
its a first world problem when you cant get merino & silk socks.
ski holidays
I noticed plenty of merino/silk socks were in Innsbruck a few years ago unlike in the uk
Was walking around the stores in town both expensive and otherwise... they had a far greater range than uk .
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
its a first world problem when you cant get merino & silk socks.
Yep, Prince Andrew will be denying it though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy