Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any experiences with ski wear from Mountain Warehouse?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have seen ski jackets and trousers that are about half price that look good to me. But is it quality stuff?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is worth the "half price" tag, not their quoted full price. Fine for kids or for a first trip, but probably less good quality than Aldi.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, they're fine. It's not going to have all the features you might get from premium brands but if you think of it as similar to Decathlon, Aldi, etc. then you won't go far wrong. It does the job, and doesn't cost a lot of money. Certainly for the stuff I've bought for my children they would grow out of it before it wore out.

Mountain Warehouse gear is always at close to half price by the way. I.e. they just have a higher list price and then run permanent discounts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kireanm +1

I've bought a couple of fleeces, base layers and recently a pair of walking (for apres-ski) boots from them and they're absolutely fine for the price.

If you create an account and buy online now you'll also get a further 10% off your first order. I've also found a few bits online cheaper than in store.

The walking boots I bought were in-store at £90 reduced to £60. For a short time online they were further reduced from £60 to £45, and then I got 10% off that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buying in this part of the market you always need to check that the item has the spec that you want. Don't take phrases like "water resistant" as anything other than resistant and not proof. Pit zips in jackets and vent zips on salopettes are almost always missing sometimes even lift pass pockets in the arm are also missing from the design. I've had one of their "Extreme" range jackets in the past which lasted for 4 weeks skiing and 2 winters of general abuse as a winter coat before the waterproofing started to go. Pretty good value for money for a cheap coat.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy