Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

seasonaire insurance and carre neige (France)

Poster: A snowHead
my daughter (22) is off this week to work as an au pair in Val Thorens until May. She will need some sort of appropriate
insurance, not just regular travel insurance, plus I guess a carre neige, which I know nothing about.

I guess this has been covered many times before so any pointing at suitable guidance would be much appreciated snowHead

Thanks ... Simon.

PS Quickly, roughly how much is a carre neige, guessing about £80?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MPI offer seasonnaire insurance (as many others do, but are well regarded for their winter sports insurance)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
She needs a carte neige for the season. Carre neige is for holidaymakers. Mine costs me about €75. But she also needs comprehensive insurance, e.g. MPI.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, just tried mpi for quote .... economy package £263, standard £352, seems high, is this about right? Cheers.

PS £30/£40 less if keep it strictly to six months rather than end of May.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MPI premiums have gone through the roof the last couple of years.

I'd look elsewhere.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Carte Neige season insurance will be included with her season pass if it's being provided as part of her job? It was a 40Euro add on last year on a workers pass if not.

Chances are in a whole 5 months she may need to claim for something insurance wise so don't go for the cheapest! A standard annual/backpackers policy might be ok tho, just check maximum trip length, any trips back to the UK will reset the trip as it were, I've had to prove this in the past when claiming for something(flight bookings only).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MPI or DogTag plus carte neige. Remember to include off-piste when looking for a quote - during a season she'll be trying it. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all - I shall look at alternatives to MPI this afternoon, any recommendations appreciated.
Cheers.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://partner.eti-insurance.com/ERVquotes2/?_ga=2.227889501.1194071872.1574088618-1904063724.1574088618
ERV - they have a seasonairre winter option but when you select you only get the option for single trip (14 days etc.)

www.foggtravelinsurance.com
Fogg Travel Insurance - Long Stay Insurance with Activity Pack 3 (Basic Winter Sports) - £128
- doesn't look like the following necessarily are covered:
off-piste but within resort ski-ing
Skis stolen from piste (outside restaurants etc)

https://www.jsinsurance.co.uk/backpackers-travel-insurance.html
JS Insurance - Backpacker - JS Seasonaire Insurance - £273
Seems to minimal level of equipment cover - ingle item £250 but with £100 excess
Off piste cover seems to be extra and even then only with professionally qualified instructor

https://quote.dogtag.co.uk/basi/
Dog Tag - Single/Seasonal Trip for 180 days
Base Level - £261 (e.g. £500 single item, £100 excess)
Pro Level - £232 (e.g. £1000 single item, £100 excess)
I presume this covers the whole season, but there is wording about 31 days / 62 days so it is not clear.

All as clear as dirty snow!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.bigcattravelinsurance.com/travel-insurance/ski-season-insurance/
Big Cat Travel Insurance - Standard Package (budget & premium also available) with Winter Sports . - £220
Covers off piste within resort, except for terrain parks - available for another £35 apx. I think
Equipment covered up to £450 - excess seems to be only £70
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.mpibrokers.com/travel-insurance/seasonaires-insurance
MPI - with no excess - Standard £325- Economy £248

All a bit more than I'd expected, but MPI does not appear to be too far ahead, so maybe they are the right choice after all?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@simonx, Less than £2 a day...cheap as chips IMHO. What would you expect for the level of cover she needs with the peace of mind that comes with that?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks @holidayloverxx, good observation.
Anyone aware of difference between MPI Budget and Standard cover?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@simonx, do her employers not provide cover?

Carte Neige - just renewed mine €58.

It’s a top up on normal insurance and may not be required.

My first seasonaires insurance in 1988 was provided by Hogg Robinson if they still exist ...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bought MP Standard
Note: Budget doesn't cover any ski equipment, whether own or hired.
ski holidays
@simonx, make sure she locks her skis up... every time
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy