Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best European 'go to' areas for each month

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Assume that you wanted to ski/board for a week at the midpoint of each month from December to April. Assume that money is not in endless supply (so cheaper the better) and that availability and reliability of cover (and hopefully not the likelihood of snowmaggedons and other fun-depriving events) are the primary considerations. Lack of busy pistes are also important at the appropriate times. Assume intermediate ability levels for the sake of it. Assume will need to fly there and not hire a car (ideally). Assume that some form of pre-booking & planning is required rather than absolute last minute.
Which areas or specific resorts would be your choice for each month?
(Bit of a hypothetical dream - but, hey, dreams can come true wink )
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EASY!
7th Dec Tignes = Vast and deserted
17 Jan Austria (open/tbc)
9 Feb Japan (2weeks makes sense here)
7th Mar Serre Chevalier
18th Apr Val Thorens

#liveTheDream Wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 17-11-19 2:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh sorry, I just noticed you said 'European' Confused
But who wants to ski Europe in peak holidays unless you have to?
Hence the best place for a European to go to is Japan Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Grizzler, what kind of apres atmosphere/activities would you hypothetically prefer?

Do you prefer towns/villages that are low rise, with old buildings, traditional village style? Or those that look like Hemel Hempstead?

Assuming those things aren’t very important, as you haven’t mentioned them, how about:
Dec - Tignes
Jan - Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Feb - Arabba
Mar - Morzine*
Apr - Val Thorens

* allowing Switzerland to be included without expense of staying there. Cervinia being another possibility for that in March.

ALL HAVE:
- cheap flights from UK.
- airport to resort transfers.
- lots of pistes for intermediates
- challenging pistes if wanted
- decent lift systems
- wide choice of accommodation at different price points

3 reasonably small attractive towns (2 like Hemel Hempstead).

4 biggest European recreational snowsport countries covered, incl Switzerland by the back door.

5 trip reports to write and post.
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@admin, you off for another Japan test?

At least I knew this time instead of being in Tokyo reading a out your exploits without my skis.

I get your theme though -)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There was one criterion that money is not in endless supply. Does Japan still qualify? Flights would be a fair bit even if other things are budget.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Almost certainly Italy in Feb and defo avoid UK 1/2 term unless Brexshit has happened by then as if it has there won’t be any UK visitors.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
Almost certainly Italy in Feb and defo avoid UK 1/2 term unless Brexshit has happened by then as if it has there won’t be any UK visitors.

I'm going rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@martinm, me too! Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seems like sensible people are getting out of Dodge and going to the land of the Rising Sun Feb 8th to avoid the hordes Cool

Trouble is I've then got to make further plans to avoid the hordes March 6th in Serre Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weathercam wrote:
...Trouble is I've then got to make further plans to avoid the hordes March 6th in Serre Laughing

Hope you manage to arrange something wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
EASY!

17 Jan Austria (open/tbc)

#liveTheDream Wink

That specific line drew my attention. Care to explain?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry @drporat, it's probably a lot more 'open' and less 'tbc' than you'd like it to be.
I expect to be exploring/researching Austria the week before the PreBBWUW. I'd really like to do something bashy there but not really found the right opportunity yet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin wrote:
Sorry @drporat, it's probably a lot more 'open' and less 'tbc' than you'd like it to be.
I expect to be exploring/researching Austria the week before the PreBBWUW. I'd really like to do something bashy there but not really found the right opportunity yet.

On 17 I am returning from St. Anton, I was hoping for a good reason to stay another week and utterly crash all plans of normality.
What about our Austrian connections in Saalbach/Radstadt etc?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nov = Soelden (Austria)
Dec = Tignes (France)
Jan = Ax-Les-Thermes (French Pyrenees)
Feb = St Anton (Austria)
Mar = Wengen (Switzerland)
Apr = Verbier (Switzerland)
May = Zermatt (Switzerland)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy