Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2021 Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Sorry I know I'm looking way ahead, but does anyone know when the main February half term is in 2021? For the last 3 years our school has had half term a week earlier than everyone else so ski holidays are affordable. We were thinking of skipping this year and going in 2021 but I have a suspicion our 2021 half term might be the same as everyone else’s, in which case I’ll convince my husband we should go this year and skip next year instead!
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hampshire is 15 - 19th Feb
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m pretty sure the main half term will be the 15th-19th Feb. in 2021. In my experience it’s always been the week that has the 16th Feb in it.

I’d look for any clashes with French half terms before making any decision though. UK half term on it’s own is normally not too bad. It’s when you clash with the French half term weeks that it can get really bad, particularly if it’s Paris.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lozza1uk here is a link to the term dates

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149291

We have our half term 6th-13th feb 2021 but it's a private school and I suspect an anomaly. Certainly the link I gave puts half term as the middle week of Feb
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worth noting that Fasching falls during the British half term week in 2021.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scottish are 6th - 13th
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
UK half term ALWAYS coincides with one of the French winter holiday weeks but the two Paris weeks are noticeably the worst.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. In that case the rumours are true, in 2021 our half term is the same as everyone else’s (previously has always been a week earlier meaning cheaper holidays!). In which case I’ll push to go in 2020 and have 2021 off!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey, just did a quick price check based on this year. £2500 for 3 of us in our early week of half term. £4300 if we went the following week which is everyone else’s half term!! I hadn’t realised the price hike was that bad Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lozza1uk, it here’s a price hike, but I think you’re exacerbating it by looking at prices less than 3 months away when some flights and accomodation will already be full. With careful planning, half term can be only £2-300 more than the previous week and certainly no more than £1k extra for the 3 of you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
have a look on your council website or contract the school directly.
Its not uncommon for different parts of the UK to have different half term weeks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Its not uncommon for different parts of the UK to have different half term weeks.

I know, I have looked (I emailed and asked them to release the dates) and for the first time in 4 years our school is going with the rest of the UK in 2021. It’s a good excuse to go this year!

And good point about last minute - I will look early for next year if we don’t go this year.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Lozza1uk, +1 to booking early. I booked our half term accommodation at 50 - 51 weeks ahead and found a large number of the more affordable accommodation already fully booked.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Lozza1uk, go when the schools break up in March/April.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Our school is hot on term time absences (the cynic in me thinks it's nothing to do with child welfare but for Ofsted target purposes only!) and their website has 2 years of school holidays on it - most of the other stuff on the website is woefully inadequate! It's w/c 15th Feb and this is a south London borough.

I suspect if you ask your school office they will know holidays for 20/21 even if they don't have them published yet.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 26-11-19 10:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Mr.Egg wrote:
Also worth checking directly with your school and there may be some discrepancies with the general holiday timetable set by the local authority, as I found to my cost when booking a flight for my partner last Christmas.
snow report
Thanks all. I know when our school has holiday, I wanted to check when everyone else was as we are usually earlier to the masses. Question now answered.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy