Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which season pass for Cham?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure this has been asked a few times before but can't seem to find the answers and the top of GM is now closed older posts may be not so relevant. This will be my 4th season, the last 3 being in morzine. Considering Chamonix this season for a change of scenery. Intermediate snowboarder, no crazy sh*t but do like to get off piste when we can and may do VB one day if i pluck up the courage! Just can't decide whether to pay the extra for the MBU or just go for the Le Pass. Is there enough on the Le Pass for the season without getting too board and does anyone know the price to upgrade to unlimited for the day?

Would love to hear people's thoughts.

Many thanks snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@duncansarmy, trying very hard not to respond along the lines of "don't come to Chamonix, you won't like it". Notwithstanding you being a snowboarder, it's a grand place. Buy the Chamonix Unlimited for the season. The additional ski areas of Courmayeur, St Gervais, Megeve, and Les Contamines are fantastic. This winter is my 6th in Chamonix and I would guess with my chums we spend about 25/30% of our time at those resorts.

Especially if you only use the lifts, it adds so much terrain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@HammondR, +1

A couple of storm days with only les houches open, and you’ll be glad you bought the full pass as you fly through the trees in waist deep pow Happy. Similarly even if you don’t ski the midi, it’s a great afternoon trip if you have mates visiting.

Also worth considering annual vs season for the 6 days in verbier and some summer mountain biking or hiking.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are doing the season in Cham for the first time and have gone for the MBU pass as it covers so much more. Make sure you buy it now though - it goes up in price dramatically in December.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, my friend has just purchased the Le Pass who i'll be riding with a lot so not sure now what to do. Got a few days to think about it! Is there an option to upgrade to MBU on a daily basis?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@duncansarmy, what’s the current price difference? I would be opting MBU if it was my choice.

Courmayeur often has totally different weather from Cham and there’s an inexpensive bus service timed for skiing.

I don’t think there’s a daily upgrade. But we’ve always had annual MBUs. Can’t believe I’m on my 13th... and still don’t know the off piste as well as I should Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@duncansarmy, get a new friend? A whole season with just Le Pass is just too limiting. If you have 10 days at St Gervais and beyond that will add about £400+ to your costs. Also, the cheap Mont Blanc tunnel prices for Courmayeur only apply to Unlimited Pass holders if my memory serves me well. To reiterate @snowdave's point, when the weather is bad and only les Houches is open you will pretty quickly tire of that.

Similarly, some seasons or periods, skiing the VB is no big deal or may even be unjustifiable due to crevasse conditions. However, on others you might want to go down there on an almost daily basis if conditions are good, particularly from Italy, including the Toula Glacier.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy