Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2019/2020 Snow and Weather

Poster: A snowHead
I couldn’t see if anyone had started a thread yet?

New season, lots of early snow

Taking the family to Hintertux today staying in Mayrhofen. Weather looks interesting... Smile I will report back!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hopefully we can get organized and go this year - missed out for a winter or two now Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drove up to Hintertux to sort out hire skis for the kids. It was raining the whole way up. They have clearly had a very good dump of snow. All the surrounding mountains / slopes are covered down to the valley floor. Even the Eggalm slopes look in good condition from what we could determine from the road.

Lady in the lift ticket office at Hintertux said the mountain was only open below Tuxer Fernerhaus today due to high wind. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Slightly nervous as it’s the first time on snow since I fractured my leg last season...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
First day and the lift company reported 40cm of new snow last night. It was very windy at times. Pistes up top were mixed between completely scoured of snow or knee deep. We found some fantastic snow more or less untouched (strangely) where the piste bashers didn’t get to this morning and also some great areas benefiting from wind deposited snow. Black (11b) was stunning.

Main piste areas got very bumpy after lunch.

Tomorrow looks more windy so skiing could be limited.

There is so much snow here for Nov I would highly recommend a trip next week when weather looks a bit warmer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking forward to plenty of in resort info on snow conditions over the coming weeks/months as doing my first visit to Mayrhofen in mid January.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ribblevalleyblue, great time to visit. Should be quiet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowed all day from the min we left home up to glacier and back. Skiing conditions very difficult, white out at time and constant driving snow. Not much open above the Tuxer fernerhaus station.

Valley looked magical on drive home.

Hope for sun tomorrow!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 17-11-19 18:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bennyboy1, not too quiet I hope, I’m used to the mad apres of Saalbach
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bruck n stadl will be rocking Smile

Others on here will have their own favourites.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Bennyboy1, I’m going with a few friends who have been before, including 1 who did a season, hence the choice of resort so sure we will be find the fun
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bennyboy1, I’m going with a few friends who have been before, including 1 who did a season, hence the choice of resort, so sure we will find the fun
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bennyboy1 wrote:
Snowed all day from the min we left home up to glacier and back. Skiing conditions very difficult, white out at time and constant driving snow. Not much open above the Tuxer fernerhaus station.

Valley looked magical on drive home.

Hope for sun tomorrow!

Cloud and very strong winds ok?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Without the snow like yesterday? I will take that
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@nozawaonsen, turned out to be a mainly beautiful blue sky day but wind was very strong. Slightly different wind direction allowed most of the mountain to open.

A lot of idiots off piste without any obvious avalanche equipment.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

@Bennyboy1, not too quiet I hope, I’m used to the mad apres of Saalbach

@ribblevalleyblue u will not be dissapointed, the brucke is way better than anything in saalbach
snow conditions
I noticed that the new updated piste map shows the new (opened last season) Mosl piste 16 has been re designated as Black. I am not surpised. It really is a lovely run but the top section is very steep and there is no easy route down for timid intermediate skiers.

Also on the map are zones marked as wildlife protection zones which means no tree skiing in those areas. The medow below the Eggalmbahn is quite prone to avalanche so not a bad idea to keep people away from that area anyway.

Resort opened yesterday and it looks like most of the resort is open except the area around Katznmoos lift.
ski holidays
heading to mayrhofen end of jan can any1 help me on a coulple of things,
firstly i will go (weather permitting) to zell am zee and/or Kaltenbach for a day, is the best way by train or i would u be better off getting taxi because there will be 4 or 5 of us.

secondly can any1 recommend a off-piste guide
snow conditions
take the train, its super easy and free, and for kaltenbach / fugen the train station is about 200m from the lift.

as for a guide, put an email into Roy Butterfield aka the Zillertal thriller, great guide. www.zillerthriller.com
snow report
enduroaid wrote:
take the train, its super easy and free, and for kaltenbach / fugen the train station is about 200m from the lift.

as for a guide, put an email into Roy Butterfield aka the Zillertal thriller, great guide. www.zillerthriller.com

thanks @enduroaid is the train free with lift pass? roy butterfield doesnt have web presence from what i can find
ski holidays
fullducknodinner wrote:
firstly i will go (weather permitting) to zell am zee and/or Kaltenbach for a day, is the best way by train or i would u be better off getting taxi because there will be 4 or 5 of us.

Do both if you’re there more than 3 days. Easy to get to by train and a good change from penken etc.
snow report
I presume you mean zell am ziller - just in case you do take a taxi
latest report
First day on the mountain today and we couldn’t get up Penken due to high winds. The Foehn winds wontinjed today. It’s +15 degrees in the valley.

We drove to Zell which had a number of lifts open so managed to ski fairly uncrowded pistes for a few hours. Wind building up in the afternoon and it has forced more lifts closed.

Snow at altitude is still crisp and nice. Snow line due to the wind is now around 1500m. No valley runs open.

It’s due to get much colder and forecast to snow over the next few days so I wouldn’t be too concerned if you are heading out here soon.
ski holidays
8611 wrote:
I presume you mean zell am ziller - just in case you do take a taxi

ya i mean ziller, it would be a expensive taxi Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Redial wrote:
fullducknodinner wrote:

Do both if you’re there more than 3 days. Easy to get to by train and a good change from penken etc.

going for a week, definitely going doing a day in hintertux aswell
snow report
@Bennyboy1, Thanks for the update. We're due to arrive in Alpbach on the 28th but depending on conditions we could end up driving to Zillertal for a few days, not done that trip before but looks like 30/40 mins drive...not too bad!
latest report
@BRi87, it’s chucking it down this morning with no sign of let up. Snow line just above Vorderlanersbach village. Penken area seems to have had more but good to ski some fresh snow even if the base is icy. 10cm in places so far today.
latest report

latest report
This is the snowfall this AM at Gschosswandhaus which is around 1800m.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bennyboy1, incredible! Just checked Alpbach webcams, valley is now white - what a turnaround since 9am when it was green! All might not be lost!
snow conditions
It’s been a great morning. About 30cm overnight on the pistes so no need to venture off. Lots of powder turns first thing. Now skied out but still snowing heavily. Getting out skied by my 10 year old in comp for fresh untouched pow!

Forecast looking good.
snow conditions
After yesterday’s snowfall it was a blue bird day today. We headed over to Kaltenbach/ Fugen. It must have had 20-30cm of new snow and the St Stephen’s day crowds made the most of it. There is so much free ride opportunities on the Fugen side but given the huge number of powder chasers it was more or less skied out by lunch time. Pistes are in amazing conditions at the moment. Snow was very dry compared the the snowfall earlier in the week and with temperatures low it made for a great day.
snow report

snow conditions
More snow forecast for tomorrow!
ski holidays
Arrived in the valley this afternoon. Has been raining very heavily in the village since about 3pm, moves from rain to snow to rain and back again, expecting there to be a cosmetic dusting in the village by the morning. but seems to be consistent snow on the hill.

Here for a couple of weeks, so will update when i can.
ski holidays
How are the conditions looking? Just arriving now for a week
ski holidays
So if your happy with piste skiing you are in for a great week. Pistes are in great shape. Very cold up top today.

Off piste is brick hard and unless it's bump skiing then you are out of luck.

But forecast is for cracking weather and great pistes
latest report
Well I bought new skis for off piste this year, will have a play with them today to get acquainted and then sounds like will be switching back to my piste skis tomorrow.

Freezing level is over 3000m today with virtually no wind so looks like some nice sun bathing to be had Cool
snow report
How are the pistes holding up? I may get a sneaky day at Kaltenbach tomorrow.
snow conditions
Very well and the forecast is for it to be colder approaching the weekend, with fresh snow on Saturday, I've been up at hintertux this morning and it's running beautifully
ski holidays
Arrived today for a long weekend, the pistes are in great shape - a bit hard in patches but very little ice or bare patches. Some drizzly snow forecast for the weekend.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy