Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Light Ski Touring Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@under a new name, I'm not planning on getting any alpines now, I'm perfectly happy with the scarpa + dynafiddle pins on all surfaces now. Again, 20 years ago perhaps not.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, longest I have these days are 203s. Anyhoo, I will, don't you worry.

TBH, 203s in moguls isn't the big test, FIS SLs at speed would be, but they wore out and are quite low on my replacement list.

We did an in shop back to back comparison and the 0Gs felt a lot stiffer than my 450 day old Salomons (with 360 day foamed liners...) Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dr John, tech bindings would maybe worry me at speed on piste, not that I fall over a lot. That said, there's a couple of chaps do the Inferno (much faster than me) on tech rigs.

I just would not get two pairs of boots past the Mrs U luggage packing test.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, they're the pivot toe heel din settings jobs and I have, ahem, tested them a couple of times so not too worried. On the few occasions I can be arsed to carve they hold up fine, and the fastest I go on piste is trying to keep up with the 17 year old hooligan boy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dr John, there are plenty of hard chargers out here on pin bindings. Shifts might be an option on the next alpine skis.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm using my touring setup (salomon mtn95 + Atk fr14) when going onpiste with my wife rather than the freeriding setup. And I could say I'm a big fan of ATK fr, sometimes I leave for a couple of hours alone and believe me I put all what I have in that runs.
This bindings give me confidence also in the hardpack, I never believe before because with dynafits (I used verticals FT and radicals) never got confidence and get some nasty prereleases.

So, if you can, demo it, and probably you also will love.

About boots, difficult to say, every feet are different, but for me if your feet fits in the Tecnica, it's a good choice, far better than atomics xtd130, scarpa, etc (I can't talk for new maestrales xt, didn't try and I don't know nobody who uses it)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AlTom, I’d happily admit that on Wednesday I was having to get used to new boots, slightly skittish lightweight skis, so I wasn’t pushing the envelope!

Tuesday I’ll be giving the boots a bit more of a beating on the Bonafides...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy