Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski touring performance - weight penalty?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not quite an answer to you question but I have recently decided to update my ski touring kit and have redistributed the weight balance in line with a lot of the advice given by others in this thread and would say the weight distribution in a ski touring set can be as important as total weight.

Previously on Dynafit Seven Summit 1350g, Speed Turns, 340g, TLT 6s 1250g total weight ~ 2950g

Been replaced with Camox Freebird 1500g, ATK Crest 280g, Zero G Scout 1370g total weight ~ 3150g

The downhill performance of the new set is a world apart from the previous set despite only a 200g difference.

I also had the chance to ski some Superguide 88s with Vipecs and some Orb Freebirds with Alpinists both at a similar total weight to the Camox + Crest and found I preferred having weight in the ski with a lighter binding given the choice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy