Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with a 1 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to morzine for 2nd year in a row with our now nearly 2 year old, last year she was 1. We luckily called on grandparent babysitters who came with us and we just Skiied slightly shorter days. We had a brilliant time as a family. Bought a little cheap sledge and hung out a lot outside with the dog in the afternoons!

I anticipate this year will be far more challenging now little one is very mobile, very chatty and interested in EVERYTHING! At one she was a doddle as barely walking.

@Tdaulphi, just wondering if you had any good suggestion of events/activities/particularly good cafes etc in morzine for toddlers? I’ve set up a separate thread but would be interested to hear from someone operating childcare in the area! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at SnowBizz. I took 1 y/o twins skiing with them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@FiFi_Trixibell, I would recommend going to the tourist office as they have a small play area with toys which would be suitable for your little one. There is a carousel next to the tourist office and you could go on a horse and carriage ride around town as the horses are next to the tourist office. You could go sledging, there is a place behind hotel l'aubergade where you can sledge. There is a park which is under the Super Morzine bubble and if you walk past the park there are some stables with horses which might to fun to look at. There is a fun train you can go on which takes you on round trips from Super Morzine to Pleney. You could always go on a ride and go into Les Gets and explore. They also have a fun train and carousel. In Les Gets there is a little play area behind the tourist office called (BANKIDS). The tourist office in Les Gets is slightly bigger than Morzine and has a play area with toys. You could take your little one swimming in Morzine or to Aquariaz in Avoriaz. I find bubble rides to be fun with children, you can fit a buggy in the bubble if needed.

Restaurants I would recommend are Les Notes Gourmandes - Café & Restaurant in Les Gets which has an upstairs play area for children. In Morzine there is The Alpen Roc Restaurant, Le Tremplin, La P'tite Pause and La Bonbonniere (Bakery). All places are great and have taken many children there.

If you do need childcare while you are here don’t hesitate to contact me. http://altitudenannies.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tdaulphi, you are an absolute superstar. Thank you so much for the detailed message. There’s definitely a few things on there we had no idea about so really appreciated. I’m sure this will be helpful to other people in future as well.

Will definitely give you a shout if we get stuck! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
”In Les Gets there is a little play area behind the tourist office called (BAN KIDS).“

Wow, doesn’t sound very welcoming.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy