Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plus size 18 jackets - advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, although I normally now ware size 16, I cannot get ski jackets to fit my hips and I want advice and stockists that stock slightly looser styles. I am not tall 5’3”. I am quite desperate as the last 10 years, have been OK with my old jackets but have put on a bit more weight. Any advice - help?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TKMaxx have ski gear in at the minute - with a big mix of brands. They might not have something perfect, but it'd give you an idea what brands you like and might suit you?

Also I think Trespass tend to be looser fitting - they've got a big range of sizes on their website, and still a few stores out there to try things.

I'm sure you'll find something you love somewhere snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
look at Dope at ridestore.com, the styles are loose fitting.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schoffel do their ski trousers in short/standard/long lengths, short length are ideal for my wife who's about the same height as you. Another friend same height but a fair bit heavier than you gets a good fit in North Face ski jackets so they might be worth a try. Lots of snow boarding brands have a more relaxed fit, some good deals on SportPursuit at the moment so have a look there too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain Warehouse goes up to size 20. I would have recommended Decathlon also but I swear their sizes have shrunk recently.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another suggestion for Dope and checking out TKMaxx.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dare2b jackets are a lovely cut and fit in the sizes you are after. Great colours too. Ange snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mountain Warehouse or Colombia give the best choice of bigger ladies sizes. I am now a size 12/14 down from a 16/18 so feel your pain. I had a different problem being 5’ 10” & the jackets were rarely long enough. Colombia cater for the US market so lots of bigger choice and the quality is better than MW IMO but you can’t beat the MW deals (just don’t buy at full price, they always come down).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have recently found Haglofs to be quite a realistic fit in some of their styles. Their large ski pants and jacket are a much more generous 14/16 than other brands (I’d just fit an XL in most and need large in their stuff) and in some styles I noticed they go up to XXL in woman’s (albeit like many other brands they frustratingly limit the colours in larger sizes Sad)
I’ve found Helly Hansen to be quite generous and less fitted (I have an XL hard shell which is very spacious) and agree that Columbia are worth a look (again they have extended sizes in plain colours but are also less fitted in some styles)

Was just in TK Maxx this evening; they had 2 Patagonia jackets in XL, one very fitted but the other much looser so maybe with a look too.

Good luck-I know the struggle!
(Don’t get me started on the huge size ranges available in men’s ski clothing...)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
also worth checking sports direct & sports persuit.
Anywhere that deal with dead stock.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy