Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellie Koyander (UK) Junior French Moguls Champion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Over the weekend , Ellie Koyander from Great Britain travelled to Chatel in France and stunned many French competitors, national coaches, talent scouts and spectators to become the Junior French Moguls Champion of 2006! She not only took gold medal in the female singles event but also claimed bronze in the duals moguls event – a major ‘coup’ for any competitor...

Ellie Koyander a lifelong member of Sharks Ski club in Sheffield is quoted as saying :-
‘this has been a fantastic way to end what’s been a really strong race season for me. After becoming the Australian Junior Champion in August, getting 5th in the Swiss Nationals, and 24th in the Worlds in Russia, this result has been the icing on the cake! I reckon the sponsorship and training at Xscape on their snow moguls has been really helped my development over the autumn and Jet2.coms support for the team has enabled us all to get out to competitions like this ……… I can’t wait till next season! ’

The future is very bright and promising for the England Moguls team who are all on the BOA’s ‘Generation 2010’ Olympic programme. Full race results and contact information are given on www.freestylesnowsports.co.uk
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
escmatters, excellent news!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, to figure so highly against the alpine nations in more than one comp, she must be sizzling hot..!! Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But of course freestyle competitors only get onto the SSGB team if they're already world champs (or at least if they can guarantee a top 5 finish) rolling eyes . So she'd better buck her ideas up big time - only getting that 24th in Russia really does show a decided "lack of hunger" Very Happy .

(escmatters, as you're new here, and may not be aware of previous threads, I should explain this is not a criticism of her in any way - it sounds a truly fantastic achievement - but ironic comment on previous SSGB communications we've heard about)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, I have great admiration for any Brit who can compete - potentially - with the alpine nations in winter sports. Because I don't think it is a level playing field...not that that is the alpine nations fault, of course, its just a matter of time on snow that is our HUGE disadvantage
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT wrote:
Because I don't think it is a level playing field...

Nah, that doesn't work in downhill skiing. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GrahamN

I am fully aware of the issues of freestyle competitors and SSGB, I have been around the freestyle scene for over 10 years.

Sheffield is a hot-bed of talent. When you consider 10 years ago a back scracher iron-cross was about the best jump you would see in moguls. With the development of the fun park and water ramp at Sheffield Ski Village the ability of the younger skier has to be seen to be believed. 10 year olds doing 360's and 720's with confidence.

Then again congratulations must go to the coaches, instructors and management who have helped achieve this.

And of course the parents who have to have deep pockets to enable the athletes to compete to this level.

Ellie Koyander has done very well, congratulations to her.

Keep watching - there is more to come!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've been doing well in the nordic disciplines at the junior level this year aswell see:

http://www.huntly.net/nordicski/news/SpainAndPoland2006.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
escmatters wrote:
GrahamN

I am fully aware of the issues of freestyle competitors and SSGB, I have been around the freestyle scene for over 10 years.

I thought that was probably the case, but didn't know if you knew we knew, you know Wink. Keep up the good work.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is so wierd i go to school with ellie and she is a good mate so its weird when u type her name in google and you get so many websites with her on. and to here people saying all this great stuff about her it really makes me proud of her.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rosie-Newland, welcome to snowheads snowHead

( btw any you any relation to Trevor N ? )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy