Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking at Les Claret April 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anyone know if you can pre-book covered parking for April 2020 in Val Claret. Tried the Tignes website but no use from what I can see.?

Also I've rented a Toyota Rav 4 with winter tire to drive form the airport, do you think I would need snow chains, Last time I was in Tignes in April the roads were kept pretty clear all the time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@globalscouse, welcome to Snowheads.

Go to the accommodation booking area of the website

https://reservation.tignes.net/tignes/en/accommodation/list

And click on "Additional services" and then "Parking"

It's unlikely but not impossible that you will need chains.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can only pre book the covered car park in Val Claret. The open air one is first come first served.

With a 4x4 and snow tyres chains would be highly unlikely in April. You could always buy a pair on the way in Bourg if there was a biblical storm.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all the replies great help
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone know what the height restriction is for the covered parking in Val Claret? We need to park our long wheel base T5 somewhere over the new year week - I'd imagine that we'd be very lucky to find a place in the open air car park that week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@globalscouse, realised that only works if you are booking accommodation.

You can book parking only here:

https://en.tignes.net/holidays/booking/online-car-parks

But you can't book until the end of October!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rachelharrisonsmith, google street view:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@45.457589,6.902159,3a,15y,50.26h,89.86t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy6Jva9K0rDlf0CGGCRoAAw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Not sure I can see clearly...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Layne, thanks, I can’t quite read it either, but it looks low... It’s not just the height , if it’s very narrow or has tight turns, the LWB makes it quite challenging!

I did check the website again and it gives the impression that I can book exterior parking, so I’ll revisit that nearer the time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why not save a few quid globalscouse and use one of the free car parks at Tignes 1800/Les Boisses or Les Brevieres?

If you drop the car off in ski lift opening hours you can then easily ski/board from near each of the car parks; then ski/board back to the car at the end of the trip. Outside lift times, if need be, you can just pay for a day or two of parking and move the vehicle when the lifts are open.

And you can park free for 2hrs in the main resort car parks for dropping off and picking up luggage.

Or if you park at Les Boisses/Tignes 1800, you can get to/from other bits of Tignes by free bus outside of lift opening.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi @rachelharrisonsmith, I got into Tignes today pretty early so I had a gander about, including Golf parking in Val Claret. The height limit posted on the sign that's hard to make out on Google says 2.30 metres. The bar looks lower so I drove my car under it which is 1.9 meters with top box and there was comfortably a foot of clearance so the 2.30 looks trustworthy.

I believe it's the same price indoor or outdoor, so may be worth saving the hassle of clearing snow off it by going indoors. It's also worth + a few degrees temperature wise, so easier to start and less chance of diesel gelling.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bobski62, thanks for checking it out. 2.30m will be ample. I also asked someone who has used it before and they said that it was a modern design, with enough room to manoeuvre something bigger than a 2CV. I've taken the plunge and booked it - I don't fancy my chances at the outdoor one during new year week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy