Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daily Telegraph Ski Show Battersea

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been yet? Is it worth it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Going today, Friday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Going tomorrow after tracking a last minute discount down.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@anarchicsaltire, and me snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skilegs wrote:

The same old same old I'm afraid. It felt smaller than last year, with mostly the same exhibitors. For a dripping wet Thursday though it seemed fairly well attended (lots of old blokes in anoraks)

As it was absolutely p*ssing down the outside bit wasn't much like the advertised 'festival'.

I went to meet an old friend but otherwise not worth it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pruman wrote:
............For a dripping wet Thursday though it seemed fairly well attended (lots of old blokes in anoraks)

As it was absolutely p*ssing down......

My OH thought it was a convention for people testing Gore-Tex Laughing

More of the same today from the looks of things
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Richard_Sideways, What is your last minute discount?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skilegs wrote:

it is def not an amazing event but it's cool to see people with the same passion around, have a drink, check out a few new products and some good chats with various people. I will probably go again next year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pruman wrote:
For a dripping wet Thursday though it seemed fairly well attended (lots of old blokes in anoraks)

Well the demographic seems to have rejuvenated this morning ...

https://twitter.com/aDnAAffair/status/1187674877689552897

In those 11 seconds of video one can see approximately 35 people walk through the gates, few of whom correspond to your description. The stand-out visitor (did he consent to being filmed?) is the young man in the Union Flag anorak. Had I been there I would have strongly encouraged him to wear an EU-flagged jacket to match the current internationalist mood and trend of the nation. Is he planning ski in that thing?

Whatever, it's all useful stuff. My initial plan was to visit the 'TeleSkiFest' in a dirty old raincoat, but should clearly consider alternative options.

Has anyone been to the SCGB stand to try their hand at the 'Ski Club Snowconut Shy'?

https://www.skiclub.co.uk/news/ski-club-news/2019/10/join-us-at-the-telegraph-ski-and-snowboard-festival-2019

By the way, for anyone interested in the current 'state of the sport' ...

"CAN THIS TACO TRUCK ROVING THE SLOPES STAVE OFF SKIING'S DECLINE?"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/permalink/2035154296587447/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It appears ATM they are giving out free tickets for Sunday on the official ticket website.

Also - trying to push tickets for 2020 already NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yeah true, complimentary tickets available on sunday
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
extremerob wrote:
It appears ATM they are giving out free tickets for Sunday on the official ticket website:P

They are and it works! Lets see if we can be arsed to go.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Davina Goldballs wrote:
Had I been there I would have strongly encouraged him to wear an EU-flagged jacket to match the current internationalist mood and trend of the nation. Is he planning ski in that thing?

I'm sure he would have been delighted to receive your fashion advice Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
have ordered my freebies for Sunday, but not received confirmation email.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mikeycharlton wrote:

It takes a few mins, patience.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:

It takes a few mins, patience.

I lied.

It was in my junk folder.
latest report
I'm going to be there tomorrow lurking on the Japan stand.
snow report
@MagSeven, just saw the link in your signature and the crazy cycle journey! - a mate is cycling the African continent at the moment from the Southernmost point to the Northernmost point
latest report
@MagSeven, the sideways boys and I will pop over and say hello - will be in the afternoon sometime.

Just realised I followed your Pedalling West blog too a while back, it was awesome! Is your PS old enough for skis yet?!
latest report

View from the Eagles Nest
ski holidays
It’s nothing like the old days. But; the French were friendly, the Swiss efficient and the huge Austrian presence oddly unhelpful, aloof and more interested in drinking their own free booze.
snow conditions
doctor_eeyore wrote:
It’s nothing like the old days. But; the French were friendly, the Swiss efficient and the huge Austrian presence oddly unhelpful, aloof and more interested in drinking their own free booze.

Yes, taped off all the time we were there on Thursday. Strange place to have a private party. Certainly did nothing to promote Austria to the show goers.
snow report
"Had I been there I would have strongly encouraged him to wear an EU-flagged jacket to match the current internationalist mood and trend of the nation."
God, remaniacs are delusional.
snow report
Nothing much different to last year, only popped in to take a look this morning as got those free tickets in the end. A lot of the same stuff, they must think it worth their while to go and oddly a few non skiing related stands.
ski holidays
And OH said it was all sponsored by that well know ski airline, Turkish Airlines rolling eyes
snow report
Hey, Syria today Austria tomorrow, no biggie. That Erdoğan, he's got ambition.
snow report
There didn't really seem to be much representation of Turkish Airlines other than some Bar area and their logo everywhere - would have been nice if they were handing out some promo codes or anything else for that matter.

Either way, glad I didn't pay the full price for a ticket and managed to score some comp ones for Sunday for a few friends to join. Looking back at the last two years, felt there was much less on offer in terms of ski brands especially hard goods. Managed to grab the swiss code for flight discounts which always comes in handy, and the Warren Smith talk and chat with the guys after was great but other than that I feel they really have to revisit their ticket pricing and really try to get more brands to exhibit hard goods. Would have loved to see, Salomon, Head, Mammut, Peak Performance, Volkl etc exhibiting given they now have online shops and you can't find alot of the stuff on the high street/ local stores.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 28-10-19 16:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
admin wrote:
Hey, Syria today Austria tomorrow, no biggie. That Erdoğan, he's got ambition.
They've been there before. Maybe more success this time?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I specifically held on for Jenny Jones' talk on sports psychology, with the sports psych she used when she was competing. Was quite interesting. Kids gathered sweets and freebies galore and we picked up kit hire discounts and Hemel passes so probably broke even on it.
ski holidays
I specifically held on for Jenny Jones' talk on sports psychology, with the sports psych she used when she was competing. Was quite interesting. Kids gathered sweets and freebies galore and we picked up kit hire discounts and Hemel passes so probably broke even on it.

Turkish Air was odd. Again touting all the joys of skiing in Turkey and convincing nobody. Think Swiss was doing more traffic with their VR flight sim.
ski holidays
A couple of Turkish air stewardess were heading in as we were leaving, about the only evidence I saw of their sponsorship except the hoardings.

Reflecting on it , North Face put in a big effort in promoting Futurelight. Had a big multi-level standalone stand outside. Went in for a quick browse and could I find anyone to tell me about it? No. All too busy upstairs swilling drinks or outside watching the tricks on the slope.

I am always surprised by the amount of reps on stands who have the ability to ignore someone who might have an actual interest. What a waste of effort by the companies when the have the wrong people there.

Nothing like the amazing Brit who was on the Megeve stand. She lived there and worked for the ESF. Did a brilliant job at selling the place and keeping an eight year old entertained at the same time so she didnt get fed up whilst listening the patter.
snow report
I went with a friend and had we not bagged some bargains we would have felt a bit let down by the whole experience. Much smaller than I remember it, hardly any retailers and paying to get in didn't feel right.
snow report
I haven't been to a Ski Show since the one at Birmingham closed

Were any big retailers there? -- Snow and Rock/Ellis Brigham ?
snow report
@albob, not this year. Finches had a decent rack of kit and were fitting boots, but the usual suspects were noticibly absent
snow report

When admin met the CEO of the SCGB
I/we used to enjoy the Birmingham show. It was a friendly affair which really matched the snowHeads vibe. The organiser used to give us a stand because he felt we brought something to the show snowHead The first time, we just got this tiny little spot on an aisle and there were always so many snowHeads around it, blocking the way that he gave us a great big corner spot the following year, to accommodate everyone.
Then there was the year I was on the school run with Gregory and said to him in passing, "Urgh ski show coming up, how can we make it more fun?"
He stared into space for maybe 20 seconds then uttered those fateful words, "Spacehoppers: they're fun." and there the legend began!
snow report
albob wrote:
I haven't been to a Ski Show since the one at Birmingham closed

Were any big retailers there? -- Snow and Rock/Ellis Brigham ?

Decathlon were there.
snow conditions
@extremerob, Any chance of sharing the Swiss code here or PM me?
Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy