Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiwelt grades of red

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all
I'm after a gradeing of 1 to 10 for the skiwelt reds
with the red down to soll (steep and icy) being 10
and the run by lift 7 (blue on the map but red on the run signposts) being 1

where does the run down to hopfgarten fall ?

Also gggrrrrr to the skiwelt map it's not the same as the runs and why o why can't they number the runs to make it a bit easier to find your way arround
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I was there just over a month ago all the runs were numbered pretty clearly. Only a couple of missed turns, mainly due to one of us getting excited and not knowing where to turn off.

Didn't do the run down to Hopfgarten, but did do the run down to Soll village, and didn't find it too bad (only a one week skier before we went away). I found all of the reds perfectly manageable, although the runs down to the villages at the end of the day weren't particularly fun partly due to the conditions, but also due to the volume of people (New Year week).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
grizzlybear wrote:

Also gggrrrrr to the skiwelt map it's not the same as the runs and why o why can't they number the runs to make it a bit easier to find your way arround

Apart from the Westendorf area, the runs are numbered for the lift they finish at. Which does make it quite easy once you know that, although it can be difficult to work out from the piste map where certain runs are.

I think the steepest red I found is the one from the top of the Hohe Salve down to the Rigi restaurant. there are a black and a red, separated by a fence, but the only apparent difference is that the red is wider.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apart from the run down from the top of the Hohe Salve to Rigi, the only other piste I can think of in the Skiwelt which maybe should be black instead of red is the one down from the Choralpe in Westendorf to Brixen, over the Kandleralm. Actually, I see now on the piste map that one section is marked black but I'm not sure it is on the posts - and you might not know when you start down the red from the top. There is a bypass track for the black bit but even lower down it is still quite steep (though there seems to be an alternative to this too; I'll have to explore that next time). Straight down, it would be a 10, I think. Or 11 Laughing

The run down to Hopfgarten, from Rigi or the top of the Kalbersalve lift, isn't too bad, maybe 7 or 8 (though it can be patchy lower down if the snow is disappearing).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for that info
hopfgarten here we come Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The run down to Scheffau village, I think it might be piste 1. From memory it seemed to turn from blue into black (or at least the signs were black!) and then turn into red. Any idea why it might be black, it's pretty steep, but smooth and is really quite wide.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hopfgarten run was very nice (IMO 6) some short steep sections but mainly a nice cruise
the blue run down to schefau starts very close to a black run and also doubles back onitself near the top (straight on is the continuation of the black run) also halfway down (at the gondola access point) the blue improves from a little road into a nice wide cruise and then crosses under the gondola halfway down and can easily be confused with the red ( which crosses over to the right side under the gondola) unless you spot the tiny blue circle post in the middle of the field
most of the reds inbetween brixen and shefau rate around 4 (ish) and make a great afternoon when the sun is shunning
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy