Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European School Holidays 2020-21

Poster: A snowHead
You can ask the question, but attendance officer sounds like a term time position (contract) my contract is one of the few that are not term time only (or term time only + x weeks).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pieman666 wrote:
You can ask the question, but attendance officer sounds like a term time position (contract) my contract is one of the few that are not term time only (or term time only + x weeks).

We’ve already drafted a notice letter to be submitted the August after my youngest leaves school Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like your style... Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For those interested in School Holidays in 2021-2022, I found this graphical representation from the website www.wintersport.nl. Some of it is in Dutch, but it's fairly self-explanatory ("OO" is AT and "TSJ" is CZ). It looks like Fasching will be brutal in the first week March, 2022.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@monkbeer, nice find.

The full “busyness” analysis is here: https://www.wintersport.nl/weblog/11/02/2021/drukke-vakantieweken-in-het-wintersportseizoen-2021-2022 as mentioned it is all in Dutch.

For Brits looking at the PDS (me!) 1-8 Jan looks good though the orange hordes will be out in force (including Mrs DJL)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great find @monkbeer

I will have a good read via google translate later

Could you also post in the EU school holidays 2021-22 thread ?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4739608

Xmas is weird in 2021 as Xmas day is a Saturday which is usually a changeover day ? ... we are (hopefully) in Selva with Crystal but its Mon 20th to Mon 27th...

So not really sure if it will be busy or not...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We'd intended to carry over a March week booked for 2021 to 2022. We were booked for 20th, but we opted to delay by an extra week to 26th March.

The agent has asked for a considerable increase in price for the booking. Basically ~50% However, looking at the chart above the week of 26th March doesn't look to be a busy one. Is this:

a) A peak week that we've stumbled into?
b) Some sort of corona-bonus?
c) The agent taking the p***?

I thought we'd be laughing as the kids are finally out of school!

Ta

Rob
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@LittleRob,
My children are past school age but that week is the start of the Easter holidays in 2022 for the schools they used to to attend.
It’s also the start of uni holidays but I do think the agent is probably taking the p$$s slightly at an increase of 50%
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LittleRob wrote:
We'd intended to carry over a March week booked for 2021 to 2022. We were booked for 20th, but we opted to delay by an extra week to 26th March.

The agent has asked for a considerable increase in price for the booking. Basically ~50% However, looking at the chart above the week of 26th March doesn't look to be a busy one. Is this:

a) A peak week that we've stumbled into?
b) Some sort of corona-bonus?
c) The agent taking the p***?

I thought we'd be laughing as the kids are finally out of school!

Ta

Rob

Definitely C. Cancel and book with someone else.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My country(Canada) is coming off covid lockdown and I'm looking to get back to normal this fall. We usually take a family ski trip every fall and missed last year, now we're not sure which countries we can travel to. I don't want to make an online booking for somewhere that might still be restricted etc.... confusing times.

Is there somewhere to find info on which countries would let a Canadian family come enjoy the lodges and slopes?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Canada? Far better chance of decent snow early season anyway.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The dutch speaking universities in belgium will be having a break from 5-12th of february, not 29th of january till 5th of february. Just a little thing, won't have a very big impact
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gillesski, thanks for the tip. This thread is about 20/21, but I assume you're talking about Feb 2022. Thread for 21/22 season is https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4739608 (edit: thanks @altis)

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 21-08-21 16:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thelem wrote:
@Gillesski, thanks for the tip. This thread is about 20/21, but I assume you're talking about Feb 2022. Thread for 21/22 season is https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4813116#4813116

Yes talking about the new season Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@thelem, I think you mean this one:

ski holidays
altis wrote:
@thelem, I think you mean this one:

Oops. You are correct.
ski holidays
Do we have a 21/22 calendar?
snow report
@Ricklovesthepowder, yes.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Do we have a 21/22 calendar?

ski holidays
I've booked to Val Thorens for 5 nights from Wed 2nd to Mon 7th March
Am I reading this right; I've managed to pick the busiest week of winter?
ski holidays
Not for VT. It's only zone C ("only") and no UK holidays either.
latest report
Looking at the calendar the "golden week" seems to be 08-15 January. As a newbie to this thing it seems logical to go then? Am I right?

Schools in / most people back to work / cheapest rentals?

Is it too early in the season to consider the first week on January normally in Europe?
snow report
JTizzle wrote:
Looking at the calendar the "golden week" seems to be 08-15 January. As a newbie to this thing it seems logical to go then? Am I right?

Schools in / most people back to work / cheapest rentals?

Is it too early in the season to consider the first week on January normally in Europe?

In France, the first week of Feb is normally my favourite. All the lads groups think that February = half term, so stay away, but actually the French half terms didn’t start until the second, and the U.K. ones are normally second or third.

Some French ski resorts offer discounted ski passes this week as it can be so empty.

Keep this to yourself though! wink
snow report
Having got myself booked to Zauchensee in Feb22 (first time skiing for the kids), I have started to try and have a look at February half term 2023.

At first glance, I have a horrible feeling our school half term will clash with Fasching, Carnival and Paris holidays….

Will wait for the official verdict to come out. Hope I’m wrong….
ski holidays
You can check the week of Fasching / Carnival / Shrove Tuesday way into the future here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday#Dates

P'raps we should call it Powder Day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powder_Day

But maybe that would be confusing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy