Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rooms for those who identify as female* (cis, trans, intersex and non-binary)

Poster: A snowHead
Good to see that the skiing kids these are "woke".

Should we not suggest this for the Snowhead Bashes? In an attempt to attract a bit more of the younger crowd? Laughing

https://www.varsitytrip.com/trip/accommodation

Female* Only Rooms

In 2016 we introduced the option of accommodation available only to those who identify as female* (cis, trans, intersex and non-binary). Choosing this guarantees that you will not share an apartment or studio with other groups that could include men. The option is available for Standard accommodation at no additional cost.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Poogle wrote:

Female* Only Rooms

In 2016 we introduced the option of accommodation available only to those who identify as female* (cis, trans, intersex and non-binary). Choosing this guarantees that you will not share an apartment or studio with other groups that could include men.

No it doesn’t. Trans and non-binary can also include men.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i am surprised the snowflake generation will go for such squalor conditions.
I fully expect to see the sad faces in the news websites & how their ski holiday was ruined because there was no catering thrown.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bloody hell. Choosing this clearly DOESN'T guarantee that you won't share an apartment with a man because you could well be faced with a sharing partner who has a Y chromosome and a pint (but who 'identifies' as a woman). Commonly known as a man.

People need to stand up and call out this poo-poo. It is dangerous and regressive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately once “phobia” is tacked onto anything, common sense isn’t allowed a say.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This pic made me think of this thread.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Poogle, They may be on very dodgy grounds since they have made no mention of Male Only Rooms.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE wrote:
@Poogle, They may be on very dodgy grounds since they have made no mention of Male Only Rooms.

My thoughts exactly. Some student, who is studying law, should write them a stiff email, and see what happens.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just laughing at the autocorrect of pen-is to "pint" on my earlier post!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah another thread which is a barometer of how much are you a crusty old reactionary?

It's fine surely for the few students in which it may be genuinely be an issue they have a route to inclusion rather than defacto being shoved in with a bunch of beery lads on the basis of a birth sex. I highly doubt that many blokes will be faking it in order to ogle up some girls on the sly. The defacto response seems to be that showing sensivity is a sure route to rape and pillage by sexual predators. I just don't believe that is a likely scenario (notwithstanding that no doubt students do get into date/drunk rape scenarios)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I’m 32, so hardly “crusty” and I’m female (biologically
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
& re the original question - there are a number of sHs that barely identify as human, but I'm pretty sure that @dadmin could find anyone appropriate (an/or amusing) roommates in most situations - just not before 7am on the morning of arrival....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I assume they already segregate appartments/studios by gender.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
while I understood the 'variations', I had to google CIS - turns out to be the sex/gender you were born with....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, agreed.

@Orange200, the text means that if you choose the above option, you can guarantee that you won't be sharing with anyone who identifies as male.

Same sort of thing as female toilets being open to all who identify as female.
snow report
denfinella wrote:

I struggle to see what's so important to have gender specific toilets!

There're stall doors in most bathrooms. So what if the next stall is occupied by the opposite sex?
ski holidays
abc wrote:
denfinella wrote:

I struggle to see what's so important to have gender specific toilets! ..

Outside of Italy, mens' toilets are invariably filthy.
ski holidays
This thread is a cesspit. varsitytrip.com's description is accurate because transwomen are women, and vulnerable women at that when forced to share facilities with men.

In addition, it's nothing to do with attracting a younger crowd as transwomen can be of any age, and sadly, so can bigots.

Thanks.
ski holidays
@Harve, Not sure where you get "cesspit" from? There's one post that's questionable IMO but appart from that...

I'd agree, I don't see how this has anything to do with attracting a younger generation and that bigots can be of any age.
latest report
@adithorp, I dunno, most of the posts above @Dave of the Marmottes's reply are pretty yikes.
snow report
Quote:

I assume they already segregate appartments/studios by gender.

According to my son they do not.
snow report
It's easy to find offence when you look for it. I could be offended by the assumption that trans people are vulnerable when "forced" to share facilities with men. Am i to assume we are all potential rapists? Some disagree with the assertion that transwomen are women on various grounds, including belief, and some people worry that young girls are vulnerable when forced to share fascilities with trans women.
I don't think there is much, if anything at all to be offended by in this thread. Can't we just live and let live?
snow report
For the next EoSB I want a button from Dadmin to be able to avoid sharing an apartment with five Dave's!
snow conditions
@spyderjon, Never going to happen.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, you could let them call you Dave to keep it clear. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
thecramps wrote:
@spyderjon, you could let them call you Dave to keep it clear. Madeye-Smiley

Bruce not an option any more?
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
& re the original question - there are a number of sHs that barely identify as human...

Have you been spying on me? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Having only one knacker left, i was wondering where i fit in? Do i get my own facilities? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
denfinella wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, agreed.

@Orange200, the text means that if you choose the above option, you can guarantee that you won't be sharing with anyone who identifies as male..

I know what it’s supposed to mean. But it doesn’t say that. Read it again. It has left out the crucial “identifies as”. Therefore I believe my initial response to be correct.
snow conditions
@Orange200, yes, you are correct. I didn't say you weren't! The text on the website is - perhaps - clumsily worded (though that is debatable - if you identify as male, surely you fit under the "man" description?). I just clarified what I thought the intended message was in case you (or anyone else on this thread) didn't understand it. But I'm glad you do Smile

@abc, you may well be right about gender specific toilets being unnecessary. My point was really that, if toilets are gender specific, it's important that anyone who identifies as that gender should be allowed to use them. And therefore, likewise for the apartments on the uni trip.

As for the cesspit comment, plenty of the comments above are well intended, but I find a few of them in poor taste.
latest report
So, according to Wikipedia:
Quote:
Cisgender (sometimes cissexual, often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. For example, someone who identifies as a woman and was assigned female at birth is a cisgender woman. The term cisgender is the opposite of the word transgender.

My gender identity (male) matches the sex I was assigned at birth (also male) so does that make me Cis and does it mean I can ask to share a room with a random female? I mean, what does it all mean? Can a Brexiteer Cis share with a Remainer Cis?

By the way, the easy way around all this is the stunning new concept of 'a single room'.
snow report
@Pruman, no. You are (as you have just described) cis male. The quote in the op is referring to cis females.

Pre-arranging your room share might also work, though that doesn’t prevent you ending up with a bunch of idiots in the rest of the apartment.
snow report
thecramps wrote:
Having only one knacker left, i was wondering where i fit in? Do i get my own facilities? Madeye-Smiley

CIS minus 1 ...???
snow conditions
@albob, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
thecramps wrote:
It's easy to find offence when you look for it. I could be offended by the assumption that trans people are vulnerable when "forced" to share facilities with men. Am i to assume we are all potential rapists? Some disagree with the assertion that transwomen are women on various grounds, including belief, and some people worry that young girls are vulnerable when forced to share fascilities with trans women.
I don't think there is much, if anything at all to be offended by in this thread. Can't we just live and let live?

Good post. esp the bit about young/girls women maybe feeling/being vulnerable when made to share with trans women (seems to get pushed aside a lot in these discussions). Are they playing top trumps on who is more vulnerable. If it was really about choice and understanding surely everyone should be offered a choice on where they want to sleep?
snow report
thecramps wrote:

I think it's the wanger and the brain that defines what room you're in, the testicles are just along for the ride. I presume you don't identify as any less of a man (arguably taking a bullock kick square in the balls and fighting the good fight makes you more of a man), so I'm afraid you're in with the farting perverts.

Personal question. Is the remainer central or sit on it's previous side? Just wondering if it has shifted allegiance in these trying times.
snow conditions
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Laughing Laughing

In answer to the question, it is very much a floating voter, but when cold, seems to revert to it's original position, left of centre.
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
thecramps wrote:

I think it's the wanger and the brain that defines what room you're in, the testicles are just along for the ride. I presume you don't identify as any less of a man (arguably taking a bullock kick square in the balls and fighting the good fight makes you more of a man), so I'm afraid you're in with the farting perverts.

Personal question. Is the remainer central or sit on it's previous side? Just wondering if it has shifted allegiance in these trying times.

Sounds like historic guidance from Queen Victoria's consort on how to best avoid dressing left or right might be appropriate... Shocked
snow report
Cheesie168 wrote:
thecramps wrote:

Good post. esp the bit about young/girls women maybe feeling/being vulnerable when made to share with trans women (seems to get pushed aside a lot in these discussions). Are they playing top trumps on who is more vulnerable. If it was really about choice and understanding surely everyone should be offered a choice on where they want to sleep?

And I'm sure the organizers will look suitably sympathetically on any woman who is afraid of sharing with a trans woman for genuine reasons not just imputed by a reactionary who is assuming that all young women are vulnerable to such people or that such people have a motive other than simply being allowed to be who they are.

I can conceivably see that there is a case that a big hairy trans woman who introduces themself with "alright luv, looking forward to lezzing it up with you sweetheart" might be a cause for concern to a single female but then again I don't expect that this is actually something which happens no matter how fervid peoples' imaginations are regarding what being trans means.
latest report
Quote:

no matter how fervid peoples' imaginations are regarding what being trans means.

Exactly this. Most people are Cis and can't get their heads round Trans people and so some imagine all kinds of rubbish rather than try and understand. A bit like attitudes towards gay people back in the day- "get your backs to the wall lads, nudge, nudge,wink,wink".
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy