Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2019/2020

Poster: A snowHead
Busy with Pere Noel’s at Medran this morning. Empty on the Savoleyres side! Enjoying a bit of 6 day old wind blown powder before the storm blows in tomorrow evening!

http://youtube.com/v/BvvoE6E0FO0
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snap! Also at Savoleyres today, myself and Mrs Forêt in our St.Nicholas outfits. A very cheap day's skiing, even after taking the cost of the costumes into account (Mrs.Forêt made hers herself ...)

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lot’s of Santas on chassoure today and also quite a few sharks teeth
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Xmas came early!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The skier in white trousers, bottom left in the picture is on the very spot where I broke my leg!

Happy days... Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No kids today so first backside Mont Fort of the season...

http://youtube.com/v/NzYvmkqrKgE
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blowing a gale.
Snowing.
Almost white out.

Our first ski day of a long season....we sacked off for an early lunch and to put up the Christmas tree.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rungsp,
Quote:

we sacked off for an early lunch and to put up the Christmas tree.

Shame on you! we were still skiing at 1700 (however we may have been in Carrefour between 1330 and 1645! wink )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Superb conditions today lots of powder and not many people
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like a wild weekend ahead! Potentially up to 1m of new snow by Sunday! We’ll be there this weekend but our apartment is free from Sunday until Saturday 21st so if any « responsible » SnowHeads can get away at short notice and want to take advantage let me know - will let it go for a steal...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Buckets of snow. Watch to the end Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/ltlsBsKd2iU
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, Laughing Laughing Laughing Did that once many years ago in Austria.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Half price offer on lessons at Buyclub https://m.buyclub.ch/lausanne/deals/alpine-mojo-dec-2019/?aff_id=100

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all,

My girlfriend and and I are looking at a catered chalet in Nendaz for a week in mid jan. The snow seems to be good so far?

I’m an experienced skier, but my girlfriend is a beginner (4 weeks), how easy is it to get back to Nendaz, some of the maps show only a red back to the resort? How is it for beginners in general over there, compared to say La Plagne or the 3 valleys? It also looks a little less joined up than paradiski or 3 valleys, would people agree?

Also, I’m expecting ski school and ski hire to by more expensive than the french resorts I mentioned, would that be accurate? Any help appreciated, cheers
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well you could use the link above your post to save on lessons.

It is a bit less well connected as you say, but overall you will find the prices pretty similar to the French mega resorts.
ski holidays
WillowWilson wrote:
How is it for beginners in general over there, compared to say La Plagne or the 3 valleys? It also looks a little less joined up than paradiski or 3 valleys, would people agree?

Also, I’m expecting ski school and ski hire to by more expensive than the french resorts I mentioned, would that be accurate? Any help appreciated, cheers

It is popular with families so (I assume) good for kids and beginners. The 4 valleys is definitely not as well linked as 3V’s or Paradisk so IMO doesn’t suit mileage junkies.
ski holidays
Rubbish yesterday with rain up to 1800m. Sun came out today which helped soothe yesterday’s bruises

http://youtube.com/v/LTWRR2o3NH0

Attelas couloirs in great shape today

More here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3493900#3493900
snow conditions
How much damage has resulted from the warm weather/fohn thus far?
ski holidays
@WillowWilson, The Nendaz slopes should ideal for your girlfriend. Gentle bunny area at Tracouet to get one's legs back and then a variety of reds to push oneself. The run back into town is quite long, but reasonably wide and not overly steep. Connections to the 4V are much improved this winter through the replacement of the old tram at Plan du Fou, by a brand new bubble.
snow report
ski holidays
Ptspeak wrote:

It has not done any damage. With the huge dump on Friday the snow depths have increased, despite the rain on Saturday, significantly so above 1800m. Conditions up high are excellent for mid-December and more snow coming this weekend. Most of the skiing in Verbier is above 2000m which is a huge advantage over the lower resorts with temps fluctuating like they have recently
snow report
Hi, looking for some advice, please. Arrived in Nendaz today. Apparently bubble isn’t running tomorrow, so we can drive/ bus to Siviez. Can we connect across to anywhere else from Siviez tomorrow or are we stuck on the few lifts that are currently green on the live piste map?

Thanks in advance for any local knowledge! Our first time in 4 Vallees.
ski holidays
Siviez is very central, connecting to all of the North part of 4V.

Direct chair to cable / gondola choices running up to meet Verbier section too.

What's open though will obviously depend on local conditions.
snow report
Thanks, was just wondering if anyone with local knowledge knew current situation.

One way to find out!
ski holidays
Yep seems in Nendaz hardly open - strange? Everything is open from Siviez and skiing excellent on the Verbier side (havent tried the other side yet). Take the Mont Fort chair up and then either get Chassoure, up to Lac des Vaux - quickest way to access Verbier area, including Mont Gele, or take the Gentianes Cable car up to access Mont Fort or the Jumbo red back down to La Chaux.

Open lifts available here: http://www.verbier.ch/fr/meteo.htm

Lots is snow coming...

ski holidays
My family is flying to Geneva, landing Monday and heading to Verbier. I was very excited to see up to 5ft of snow forecast over the next 5 days! 

Then I realized, this might be a pretty bad situation. Thats a lot of snow. 

We were planning to skin next Tues-Sat, and planned to get a guide for Thurs-Fri. Having never been to Verbier (or skiing in Europe at all for that matter), I have no idea what to expect in terms of them handling that snowfall, and I also dont know where are the best places to ski at Verbier when there is that much snow. 

Was hoping to get some advice from people who know the mountain on what we should be doing (the first couple of days especially when we dont have a guide) if there is that much new snow hitting the mountain early next week? 

Thanks for any advice...really hope this turns out to be a good trip 
snow conditions
@lirong, the Swiss are used to it and your rental (presumably from the Swiss sector) will have winter tyres. But, there is quite a lot os snow forecast... so there may be delays.

A bigger worry might (but I don’t know 4 vallee behaviours well enough), so <might>, be slope openings or not due avalanche risk. Here in Chamonix, if we get what's forecast, I’d be expecting delayed and limited openings.

But, hey, snow!
snow conditions
@lirong, you have timed your trip perfectly. The heaviest snow is on Sunday so I would imagine everything will be open by Tuesday. If you are good skiers you can head for Mont Fort, Mont Gele and the itineraries like Tortin and Vallon d’Arbi. If I were you I would try and get the guide for Tuesday and Wednesday as they will get you fresh tracks and you can use the knowledge you gain to plan your subsequent days without a guide. It will be a busy week so the main off piste routes will get tracked out quickly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is one great forecast. Would equal a powder bonanza on Xmas eve and Xmas day! Best Xmas week conditions for years...

snow report
New Nendaz gondola prairaron to plan du fou opened today.
Alphorns and many local dignitaries.
Me and the kids amongst the first punters then about the 5th people down the new black.
A really nice piste in amazing condition considering the weather this week.
Reckon probably the steepest black in the 4 V
ski holidays
Quote:

probably the steepest black in the 4 V

Oooh. Sounds nice!
latest report
martinperry wrote:
New Nendaz gondola prairaron to plan du fou opened today.
Alphorns and many local dignitaries.
Me and the kids amongst the first punters then about the 5th people down the new black.
A really nice piste in amazing condition considering the weather this week.
Reckon probably the steepest black in the 4 V

How does the new black compare with the top 20% of Mont Fort?
ski holidays
@BobinCH, thanks.

That link was open Thursday but closed yesterday.
We had a great day around Nendaz, Thyon, Veysonnaz. Some great runs and conditions excellent considering the low cloud.
The new black was great as mentioned above.
Hopefully we can get across to Verbier again today.
Sounds like driving back to GVA tomorrow evening may be fun!
snow conditions
@Ski Tyke, probably closed due to the wind. Looks like everything opening today

And still snowing with sun coming out at lunchtime

snow report
@BobinCH, yep, pretty much what happened!

Legging it down early doors, bluebird afternoon.

Took the lift up from Nendaz for the first time today (as opposed to driving to Siviez).

Got as far as La Tzoumaz for lunch and then had a lovely afternoon in the sun. Went to the top of Mont Fort and skied down to Siviez from there, running the gauntlet to get the last chair back to Nendaz which we just managed!

Loving the whole area -will definitely be back!
snow conditions
@Ski Tyke, glad you enjoyed it! That’s quite a descent from Mont Fort to Siviez - 1600m of steep leg burning vertical! And then the Plan de Fou descent for dessert!

Bruson day today. Looks like it will be epic in the trees.
latest report
@BobinCH, any reason why they've decided to put a piste in there. It's welcome as my legs and kness aren't always up for the itinerary
ski holidays
@Gilberts Fridge, no idea. Upgraded lift, permission for snow making? I’ve only skied it once several years back. We ski the red back to Siviez, and the off piste off each side, so don’t know the Nendaz side well.
snow report
Gilberts Fridge wrote:
@BobinCH, any reason why they've decided to put a piste in there. It's welcome as my legs and kness aren't always up for the itinerary

Basically to make Nendaz more joined up with the 4V - Investment in snow canons etc
The itinerary will still be there off to the left - although not this week given the poor snow cover
Next step is a proper chair back up to tracouet Very Happy
Very excitesd as a Nendaz owner
snow conditions
Cheers chaps. A welcome addition. Just need to replace the double drags that link Thyon/Veysonaz with the rest of the domain next.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy