Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, hoping to draw on Snowheads vast reservoir of knowledge- thinking of a 3-4 day skiing holiday in Chamonix in early Jan. having not skied there before, can anyone suggest a well located,reasonably priced hotel that has its own restaurant (we are of an age where we don't go far in the evenings!) quite happy to arrange own flights.transfers etc but do like abit of comfort in our old age! All suggestions gratefully recieved!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
la Prieurie
Aiglon
Alpina
Croix Blanche

Not something we often use. None particularly ski in /out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grands montets in Argentiere is very close to the lift and has nice spa etc, but you’d need to walk 500m to the nearest restaurant.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the suggestions-will investigate further.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we stayed at alpina eclectic hotel. Great location and great rooms
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’ve heard lots of good things from friends who have stayed at the Alpina.
I did stay once at Les Aiglons – nice enough rooms, and the buffet brunch I had once after a wedding was good. Can’t comment on dinner/bar.
I like the bar and restaurant at Pointe Isabelle a lot, and go there fairly frequently - though not used the hotel.

All of the above are close to ski bus stops to get you to whatever area you want – or Alpina is walkable to the Savoy area to get the drag up to the Brevent lift (I’ve done that a few times). Also all are very close to other bars and restaurants if you want easy variety.

Folie Douce hotel is as close to ski-in/out as you’ll get in the town (bottom of Savoy drag lift), and has bars and restaurants – but I’ve only tried the bars myself Little Angel Cool

Argentiere and Les Houches might have more options closer to the slopes – but it limits you more to just skiing those areas.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have looked at Alpina and Le priere, le priere looks good value although not as well located as alpina although i believe free shuttles/buses around resort. Looking at 4 days early jan-not sure of snow record then?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@almost there, I’d argue Prieurie better located, or, at least, just as good. That said shorter walk from alpina to Savoy drag an thus up to Brevent.

Cham pretty snow sure.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boutique Hotel le Morgane, near Aguille de Midi, was booked into Alpina as we loved it but got bumped the week before into the Morgane. Excellent hotel, location and a free ski bus to take you to the lifts and pick you up. They did it for the same price but we’re going back next March, it’s pricier this time but worth it. Near bars and restaurants, 2 mins from the Main Street.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also stayed at Pointe Isabelle, excellent 3 star with good bar and very good food in their restaurant.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
almost there wrote:
have looked at Alpina and Le priere, le priere looks good value although not as well located as alpina although i believe free shuttles/buses around resort. Looking at 4 days early jan-not sure of snow record then?

Priere is very close to the Chx centre bus stop 'hub' so I'ld say it's well located.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowdave wrote:
Grands montets in Argentiere is very close to the lift and has nice spa etc, but you’d need to walk 500m to the nearest restaurant.

It is an amazing hotel, though. Walking to restaurants is not bad from there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@steviet865, Pointe Isabelle undergoing major renovation, not 100% sure it’ll be finished for winter. I presume that that’s their goal though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy