Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mogul courses in the CFe by Indepth Snowsports

Poster: A snowHead
Indepth Snow Sports are running mogul courses in the CFe in July, September, October and November. They have intro/beginners courses and intermediate/advanced courses.

Six people max to each course. They video you, for instant feedback. http://www.indepthsnowsports.co.uk/dates-prices/ The price includes your lift pass.

I'm thinking of doing one of the intro ones and was wondering if there were another five Snowheads who were interested, so we could make the course all Snowheads.

I'm probably going to do one regardless of the response here.

This is not a spam email, as I have no affiliation to them at all, I'm simply posting to see if there are five other Snowheads who may want to make an afternoon of it.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm defo in, depending on dates.
Digging out knee supports as we speak
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha. I was looking at these, definitely intro for me. Erm, yeah. Can't see a date for August? Don't know about July, haven't checked the rota. Keep us updated Cool

btw. Am attending aged coaching next Monday. See if I can't gracefully descend, etc,.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't worry, I can guarantee i have no finesse at all , so we can be over confident togther. And I'll probably spend the first 30 minutes on my backside.
I'm going to on Monday too. I'll have a red jacket on...come and say hi
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All the intro mogul courses are on Thursdays and the advanced ones on Fridays. I'm definitely a candidate for the intro ones. Confused As I work for myself, I can pretty much make myself available on any date. Just need to decide which month to go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm thinking of doing the one on October 17th. It's a little quieter work wise for me. Also it will give me three months to practice what I was taught and hopefully be near enough to the BirthdayBash that I won't have forgotten everything by then. Puzzled Confused Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booked onto the beginners/intro mogul course on October 17th. Toofy Grin Should be fun. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Awdbugga wrote:
Booked onto the beginners/intro mogul course on October 17th. Toofy Grin Should be fun. snowHead

okay. I've just booked too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kittya, Nice one. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm up for making an embarrassing idiot of meself too. Can do Sept, Oct and/or Nov; are you trying for the October one for SHds?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Grizzler, if we can. Hopefully October is near enough to the BB, that I won’t have forgotten everything I’m taught by then. There are only six allowed on each course. So far, myself and @kittya are booked on the October 17th one. @Kittyblades, is also hoping to be able to join us. @audfart may also join us if he’s not working.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@audfart is also now booked on for the October 17th one.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can someone please explain the phrase ..."in the CFe"?
To me CFe is a Carbon and Iron compound.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I suppose it means "Chill Factore" which seems to be an indoor freezer dome near Mcr.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@SkiPresto, Correct.
snow report
I have sorted a one to one session with in depth for moguls for my son. The day events are adults only. He is going July 11. Hopefully the coaching will be good.
latest report
I'm interested but what qualifies a beginner? I can link about 5 or 6 bumps together and after that it all goes pear shaped.
latest report
@homers double,
This is what they sent me when I asked about the two courses they run. - "The improver course is for anyone who can get down the bumps in anyway they can really and we will improve their technique and confidence. It's for those who just want to improve their bumps, right up to instructor standard. The beginners is just that, for those who have never or have just dipped their toe into the bumps".

I can get down bumps fine, but with no discernible technique and not breaking any land speed records. My thinking is that anything he teaches me has got to improve my technique.
Even though I've opted for the beginners course, I'm assuming that if he finds I (or anyone else on the course) can actually manage the bumps from the outset, he will simply tailor his feedback accordingly and give pointers and drills to improve technique still further.
ski holidays
Yay, @aewynia will be joining us on the moguls course on October 17th. Very Happy That will leave two places. Can we make it an all Snowheads event? snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Tempted. Did the warren smith bumps course at cas last year and it helped me no end. Anyone from here on the advanced course? A refresher would make me better and also make me get fit and ski before it!
latest report
@endoman, sorry, I don't know whether there are any Snowheads on the advanced course. @scottland maybe on it. He was thinking about it.
snow report
Just a quick reminder, there are still two places left on the beginners moguls course with In Depth Snowsports in the Chillfactore on Thursday 17th October (PM).

http://www.indepthsnowsports.co.uk/dates-prices/

There's a maximum of six on the course. There are currently 4 Snowheads booked onto it. Can we make it a full house of Snowheads and have our very own "mini moguls bash"? snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
"There's a maximum of six on the course. There are currently 4 Snowheads booked onto it. Can we make it a full house of Snowheads and have our very own "mini moguls bash"? "

Just nabbed the last 2 for me and Aidan. We both can get down bumps but more by luck - don't think you could describe us as "skiing" them! I hate them - you'll usually find me at the top of the slope staring down, whispering Fk! Fk! Fk! and waiting until there is absolutely no-one I can crash into before proceeding.
snow report
On the back of this - own skis or theirs?
ski holidays
@Scamper, yay, nice one. A full house of Snowheads. snowHead

I'm using my own skis, as is @audfart. I expect @aewynia and @kittya will also be using their own as well. Best to gain experience on your own skis, if you have them. Anyway, theirs are a lot narrower and lighter than mine.

I'm the same in bumps, in that I can get down them, with no grace or discernible technique; but I absolutely love them. Give me a steep red that's mogul central and I'm as happy as a pig in muck. I'll happily throw myself down it. I simply love bouncing around like a pinball. Puzzled Toofy Grin (providing the moguls aren't frozen. Shocked )

The CFE do create their moguls very close together from what I've seen, so I may not be quite so keen on them by the end of the day. Confused

See you a week Thursday.

Cheers
Awd (aka John)
snow conditions
Thanks John, we'll bring ours - prob could do with a service anyway having spent the summer under the bed.

Looking forward to meeting fellow Snowheads - I've been an enthusiastic lurker for a year or so but haven't, until now, managed to match our travel plans with gatherings.

OMG! I am ridiculously excited at the thought of donning boots and skis again!!! Plus, a titchy bit scared of the moguls!

Cheers,
Elaine
latest report
@Scamper, you should have come to the Oktobertest last weekend in the Chillfactore. You could have met 50 other Snowheads. Very Happy
latest report
I know! I know! I wanted to - I couldn't Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That was really very good. Got all the moves just need to be bold now - so sez the man Cool

An aud will make a thread for a follow on group instruction session, yawn.
snow report
Quality instruction, and lovely group members - my first ever real-life Snowheads encounter!!

Just realised I spent the whole session skiing in double orthotic insoles - I'm so used to changing from shoe to shoe I'd completely forgotten my ski boot ones are already moulded!! Oh well, as the song goes, things can only get better!
ski holidays
Scamper wrote:
my first ever real-life Snowheads encounter!!

Hadn't realised, thought you knew people, hadn't caught on the bit in this thread where you booked.
Yes, I agree. Good company & excellent instruction, I'd not expected two instructors but reckon it worked perfectly. My feet hurt Confused Don't know how you managed with two sets of insoles?!
ski holidays
Glad you enjoyed it. Nothing worse than suggesting a course to people and it doesn’t live up to expectations. I thought the instruction was excellent and got a lot from it. I’d be definitely up for a group session before the season starts. In particular as Noel said he could tailor the tuition to whatever each person was looking to achieve.

The other really big plus to come out of today, is the Awd gits have now got their own personal support team in place - a doctor (@aewynia), a nurse (kittya) and a physiotherapist (@neens). Sorted. Toofy Grin wink Happy days.
snow report
Lol, you can add in a dentist - Aidan (although he's been retired for a few years).
I'll be good to have around for any horse related needs wink Very Happy Laughing
snow conditions
That sounds like a great course. Thanks for the update. I'm quite tempted to book a future date. £80 is a great price for 4 hours, including lift pass.

I love bump skiing! Very Happy
ski holidays
@Bergmeister, they are running an advanced moguls course on Friday November 15th and a beginners one the day before.
snow report
I went on the intermediate/advanced course yesterday, I really enjoyed it and came out the better for it.

I'm planning on doing some more time (1:1) with the instructor to try and sort out by bad posture/habits in the near future. Would definitely recommend giving them a shout if you're after some instruction there.
snow conditions
Another fab afternoon with a lovely bunch of folks.

Noel is a super instructor - no bumps this time but working on the "looks simple but hard to do" basics that resort group lessons never give enough attention to make them truly beneficial.

Many thanks to Awdbugga for driving this.
ski holidays
Have they finished the indoor bumps courses for this year?
latest report
@Scamper, my pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to read you are also pleased with your boots from Rivington. A good trip all round then! wink

@Mosha Marc, yep. looks like it. In Depth SnowSports ran their last one of this year last week. Doesn't look as if the Chillfactore have any planned in the foreseeable future either. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy