Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Backcountry Guide AP 30 Airbag Reviews?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of purchasing the Scott BC Guide 30L airbag backpack and wondering if any owners can share are any long term ownership reviews of the pack? I am keen to know what it is like to live with in areas such as general use, practicality, bulk, packability and durability. I will mostly use as a day pack for lift-served or boot packing off-piste skiing - carrying avalanche kit, water bladder and extra layers and perhaps skins. No flying issues as it will stay in France hence opting for gas instead of the electric version. I am 5'10" but with a slightly shorter than average torso.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been selling the Scott packs for 8 years and they have been excellent in every respect - which is why I've now dropped other brands and only sell the Scotts.

The only issue long term that I've seen is colour fading of the fabric but that happens with all outdoor fabric.

The 30L pack will be perfect for your requirements and will fit you fine.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spyderjon, in the light of this thread, do you think Scott are going to have trouble over them using the term "Backcountry"? #backcountry.com are-evil-gits: Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@spyderjon, in the light of this thread, do you think Scott are going to have trouble over them using the term "Backcountry"? #backcountry.com are-evil-gits: Evil or Very Mad

Laughing backcountry.com are truly evil gits since the VC boys got hold of them and let their bottom feeding lawyers get to work. But they'd be very brave going head to head with Scott.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Didn’t Scott fill the role of trade mark bully boy against an indie ski mfr a few years back? Memory is a bit hazy...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There was a famous case in the cycling world a few years ago where Specialized tried to take action against a small cycling studio called Cafe Roubaix. Roubaix being a Specialized bike model named after the French town of Roubaix. Turn into negative PR and they stepped down.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/specialized-withdraws-action-against-cafe-roubaix-in-trademark-dispute-22586
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
Didn’t Scott fill the role of trade mark bully boy against an indie ski mfr a few years back? Memory is a bit hazy...

Googled it - the ON3P Great Scott was renamed as the Cease and Desist thanks to Scott’s legal team
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy