Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Alpbach for Christmas. Any thoughts? Will be with a non skier son any tips on mountains restaurants /bars for non skiers much appreciated. And any recommendations re the town itself also appreciated.
Thanks
Timmy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
quiet
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's very small. The Post Alm is the biggest and best pub, otherwise its hotel bars.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there once in a group with a non-skier. She loved the prettiness of the village, did some walking, some reading, and went to Innsbruck on the bus one day - and she had a nice chalet lounge to sit in during the day (and chat to the lad making the cakes - long story about an Inghams chalet which turned out not to be)... But she is someone who always makes the best of everything and she loved the surroundings - it wouldn't do at all for someone who is looking for "entertainment" or easily bored. Or doesn't enjoy reading!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good pub opposite the church called the Jakober. Pedestrians can walk from the gondola top station to the Hornboden restaurant. But yes, it's very quiet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello
How old is the non skier?
I've visited Alpbach several times, my kids learned to ski. It'll be very quiet during day in village as all skiing is a bus ride away.
My wife doesn't ski, but enjoyed the walking. She did have a lift pass so could meet for lunch etc.
It's a family resort, 1 club, zero night life etc and quite attractive. The action is in Post Alm and Jakober. It will be busy at Xmas...book restaurants early.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for your responses. It would be great to hear what mountain restaurants can be accessed by a non skier and what lift to take.

Thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sorry just seen reply re restaurants!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Hornboden is only ok, the Dauerstoa is far better IMO and easily accessible for non-skiers from the gondola station.

Also the Boglalm cannot be missed. Get the gondola from Inneralpbach and get off at the first stop. The Grostl is fantastic and if you're organised, order the chicken the day before.

Similarly, non-skiers can very easily access the nice places on the Wildschonau side, Wurmegg café right beside the top station and the Gipfo Hut
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the info!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No bothers! We're flying out from Dublin on the 28th of December. I'd move to Alpbach in the morning if I could. A lovely trip in the summer too for hiking. We've been many times Very Happy

Although the Jakober in the village is good fun, it reeks of fags. Post Alm is way better.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That’s hilarious. We’re arriving Dec 23 from Dublin- leave on Jan 2 !! See you for a pint!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would recommend the following:

Rotisserie Chicken in the Bogalm (on the slope) - you need to pre book the chicken, lovely walk up for non skiers
Zirmalm is also good in Inneralpbach, if you phone them in advance they will pick up the skiers from the bottom of the slope and drop them back after lunch
Hotel Wiedersberghorn in Inneralpbach. Best food around, skiers can easily walk from the slope to meet you
Best fondue in town is in Hotel Post
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you so much. Hungry (and thirsty) already!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
timmythedog wrote:
That’s hilarious. We’re arriving Dec 23 from Dublin- leave on Jan 2 !! See you for a pint!

You're on!

One more place, not on the piste. Just outside the village and a nice walk up to it. The Zottahof. Google Jausenstation Zottahof. A family house with a milking parlour at the side. Simple menu of homemade delights. The desserts are out of this world. Beautiful view of you're sat outside, the place is magic. Ask them for the "Löffelmilch", a pint glass half filled with warm milk and half filled with rum!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy