Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2019 - 2020 and associated areas

Poster: A snowHead
In these weird times as we sit it out here in Serre Chevalier we're keeping a daily blog of what we're up to, which due to the ever-changing limitations is gradually getting more frustrating, especially given the glorious weather and conditions for ski touring and cycling which we are no longer allowed to do and from next week looks like a return to winter.

https://www.stylealtitude.com/ski-blog
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Many thanks @Weathercam for all the posts on life in Serre Che. It is fascinating to see how things are going over there in comparison with life here.

Would it be churlish to point out that the blog doesn't render properly in Firefox? Seems to be OK with an old copy of Internet Explorer, though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bolderz, strange all works well on various platforms running FF version 74.00

Have you tried Chrome ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Weathercam. I'm using FF V74.0 on Win7, but I haven't got Chrome set up on that machine. I get the same thing with OpenSuSE Leap 15.1 Linux and FF V68.5.0 ESR on another machine. It looks as though there is an overlying blank window obscuring 75% of the main stories giving a vertical strip on the left. The title menus look OK. Happy to discuss over mail if that will be of assistance.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, I have now tried Chrome V 80.0.3987.149 on Win7 and I get the same thing as FF.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bolderz, Are you using an adblocker ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm using an Adblocker, but having no problems.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No adblocker, and the same problem on Firefox and Chrome and Win 7 and SuSE Linux.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Works fine in Safari
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Safari and Chrome fine here.....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bolderz, what zoom level do you have set, what you're describing can happen if you have zoom set too high?

Also does the same happen with this site ?

https://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weathercam.html

Looks like the glorious weather of the past week is slowly breaking down and sun could well be in short supply this week which will make containment that much harder to bear Sad

In the meantime, the Finches are back en masse!

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam, zoom level does affect the blog site. Normally I use the default browser zoom at 100%, but if I reduce the level to 80% both Chrome and Firefox on Win7 render correctlly (more difficult to read of course). Both still fail to render at 90%. The other URL for anotherharddayattheoffice works correctly at 100% right up to and including 240%. I am using a smallish Dell laptop with a 13" 1600x900 (native) display with 100%(default) display zoom.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Latest blog, almost political in nature now up rolling eyes

https://stylealtitude.com/day-6-lockdown-serre-chevalier-france.html

A better day compared to yesterday, currently not a cloud in the sky so we'll be getting out and about behind us again and have my eye on a new route (not on the map) I saw yesterday with an old "sentier" sign hanging off a tree.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I agree cycling and walking are great to keep you healthy but the reality here in the UK is what we saw over the weekend we will go into lock down here very soon I am afraid differnet I suppose for you guys as you may not see anyone on your walks and rides and if you do you can keep a social distance, strange days indeed as JL once said.

Stay well out there and look after the mountains until we can return.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OH's blog now up.

https://stylealtitude.com/day-7-lockdown-in-serre-che-restrictions.html

Here now we're restricted to an hour and a radius of one km from home, that said OH went out for a run nearly an hour ago a still not back?

We'll walk the dogs down to the Sherpa mid-afternoon.

Beaut morning not as forecast, but now overcast and chill wind, far grimmer than of late.
latest report
Another beaut morning but very cold with temps overnight dropping to -6, and like yesterday has again clouded over, but not before took the dogs for their hours walk.

OH has been hard at the keyboard again and it makes for a good read.

https://www.stylealtitude.com/day-8-lockdown-in-serre-che-new-normality.html
snow conditions
Paranoia setting in?

So we're nearing the end of the second week of lock-down here in the Mountains and it's a lot more Draconian than the UK.........

https://stylealtitude.com/day-10-11-lockdown-blog.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy