Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private lessons and/or instructors in Chamrousse?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good afternoon all, heading to Chamrousse at the end of March and 2 of the group, I think, would benefit from a couple of mornings worth of private lessons.

Any suggestions at all?

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 13-01-20 13:47; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A little bump - had a look around and can only find ESF. Does anyone know of others I can consider?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ESF should be fine. If you don't speak French, just ask for somebody who speaks English.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Pam - no issue with ESF, just looking to see if there were options to compare, but it doesn't look like it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a little bump - I can't seem to get anywhere on the ESF site.

In a perfect world, I'd like to be booking 2 of my group into private lessons, well 2 of them to 1 instructor, starting on Sunday 29th March, for 2 hours per day (mornings ideally) for 3 days.

ESF website doesn't give me this option as far as I can see.

Do ESF offer any flexibility, generally, or does anyone know of any private instructors who could maybe help?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know Chamrousse but looking at their site. There is only ESF. Private lessons at that time of year are after midday, 44€ an hour for 1 or 2 people.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Claude B wrote:
Don't know Chamrousse but looking at their site. There is only ESF. Private lessons at that time of year are after midday, 44€ an hour for 1 or 2 people.

Indeed, but actually trying to book anything like that isn't working. It looks like private lessons (unless you want 5 or 6) are only available on a Saturday....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SHAP, the system doesn't seem to work, if you try to book 1 x 2 hours it defaults to 6 days x 2 hours Confused I think it's the system rather than availability.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Claude B, yep, seems boogered doesn't it. I'll ping 'em an email.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SHAP, The ESF is a big operation at Chamrousse and do a lot of group lessons so privates seem to be fitted around these - no lunch for Jean-Claude today, you 'ave a private !

The reservation system seemed to work for me and lets you specify English as a language. I obviously didn't go as far as handing over a CC.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@davidof, but did it let you just book 1 lesson? It just seemed to default to 6.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davidof, I've emailed, so will let you and @Claude B, know.

I can get it to the same point, but for single lessons, it only offers a Saturday for some reason.

If they can sort something, I'll get Jean-Claude a beer for his troubles... wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quick update. I pinged ESF an email last Monday with the request. Automated reply saying thanks, we will be back to you within 48 hours.

Nothing back as yet. Really frustrating, as this is the last thing that needs sorting, and i can't even get a reply.

Is there a better way? Would we be able to risk booking on arrival? It's the week before the 2 week Easter hols, so likely to be quiet...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did you try calling them? My wife has had dealings with ESF Chamrousse and always found them very helpful.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Little update - after a look online at their FB page, and a couple of emails to the right people, i had a very nice phone call with a lady in resort yesterday, and everything is booked as i wanted.

Cheers all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy