Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tkmaxx ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
Awdbugga wrote:
Zanier gloves arrived today from TKmaxx. I may need to wear my silk liners for extra warmth; but no hassle. .

Is that the Frank N Furter gear? Happy
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The planks bibs arrived today, got to say I don't see how anyone would pay £259 for them, even at £69 I not sure they are worth it. I just don't see what they give you over insulated trousers
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GlasgowCyclops, Puzzled
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonny996 wrote:
The planks bibs arrived today, got to say I don't see how anyone would pay £259 for them, even at £69 I not sure they are worth it. I just don't see what they give you over insulated trousers

I haven’t got mine but I’ve seen their pants at the Ski Show. They are thin, like a shell will be. Maybe you did not check if a shell was what you needed/wanted really. Their fabric is sold as high quality though.
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny996 wrote:

20k dryness.
20k breathability.
They are an outershell. Designed to keep you dry. Not warm.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Some great options in TK this year, though none in my sizes. Especially impressed with the Volcom gore tex outerwear for end of season prices.

Do they do only one drop of snow wear or do they have several throughout the season?
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in TK today. Saw a ladies Vist jacket which didn't stand out at all, neither did a Helly Hansen shell jacket. However there was a Mountain Equipment alpine shell jacket for £145 which tempted me and fit perfectly but the fit was a very technical one suitable for climbing harnesses so I passed.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got my bibs... seems pretty solid. Small was a good fit for me (I’m 5 10) since they are huge in size to my opinion.

Absolute bargain for 70 quid and matches my camouflaged backpack Happy
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gustavobs, wow, I got the small for my 12 year old & it actually fits him well with all the straps at there tightest, so plenty of growing room
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny996 wrote:
@Gustavobs, wow, I got the small for my 12 year old & it actually fits him well with all the straps at there tightest, so plenty of growing room

How tall is your 12 year old?
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@betterinblack, he's 5'1" but to be fair with the straps at there shortest the bib does go to top of chest height with room still down to the crouch. I was all set to send them back as I never realised they were a shell when I ordered them but he tried them on with base layer bottoms & all the adjustment set to there smallest & they are actually a good fit & he likes them.
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonny996, if it works for him great. Should last many many years. I'm fairly slim and I would normally go for a more performance fit but for this money it's a small compromise
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for this thread. Now the proud owner of a green Marmot ski jacket I had no intention whatsoever of buying!

It's very nice though! snowHead
snow conditions     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you as well... I am now the proud owner of a fabulous set of red marmot ski trousers
latest report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awdbugga wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, Puzzled

Silk liners You didn't say it was for your hands Happy

Don't worry, just my weird brain Happy
snow report     
Pathetic
snow report     
@GlasgowCyclops, I had to google it. I’ve never seen The Rocky Horror Show. I get the comment now. Sorry for being so slow. Confused wink. Good job I grabbed the gloves when I did, they are now sold out. I like a bargain. Toofy Grin
ski holidays     
Visited my local tkmaxx yesterday there was some decent non gtx Zanier gloves and a Rossignol pair so comfy I was tempted to buy but ordered a gtx Zanier pair from sports pursuit already.

Also saw some Scott ladies GTX shell jacket quite robust. Unfortunately did not fit my OH
snow report     
Gustavobs wrote:
Also saw some Scott ladies GTX shell jacket quite robust. Unfortunately did not fit my OH

Thanks for the tip - just had a check on the online store and they had a few scott jackets!
snow conditions     
Bristol city centre branch seems to have quite a lot of Vist and HH jackets, even some patagonia. Also saw patagonia and marmot trousers at sub £80 which were tempting ( but just not quite enough).
snow report     
Lots of men's and women's Colmar jackets on sale today by the looks of it on the TK Maxx website. Over 50% off RRP allegedly.Looks to be good quality if anyone is interested.
ski holidays     
HERE TAKE MY MONEY
https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/blue+orange-ski-suit/p/31251719
ski holidays     
i'd look like a telly tubby in that
ski holidays     
Thanks for the heads up nickH, i got a patagonia jackets and trousers for a bargainous price.
snow conditions     
Mr.Egg wrote:
HERE TAKE MY MONEY
https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/blue+orange-ski-suit/p/31251719

The waist area looks a bit bare - I think you need something like this to complete the look Razz
https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/accessories/bags-wallets+belts/mens-bags/black-branded-bum-bag/p/34371232

On a side note, ordered some ski gear on a Monday at 1030 and chose standard delivery to a London address, it showed up the following Monday (So for anyone that is in a rush would not advise the free - up to 5 working day delivery)
snow conditions     
@Csb123, excellent !
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy