Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tkmaxx ski gear

Poster: A snowHead
Wow, have TK Maxx started selling handbags?

Came here to read about some bargains and found a b*tchfight Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry!

Carry on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimastaaah wrote:

go check out the vist website.

Shocked

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
HoneyBunny wrote:

NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

I have to say over the years there have been a few diamonds in the rough at TK Maxx, what I can say is none of them were listed online. Scott GoreTEX bib pants, Spyder 3l Gore TEX Shell, a North Face Steep series shell and some pataognia stuff. But these have always been the odd item hanging on the rail as opposed the truckloads of Helly Hansen and Quiksilver stuff thats on the racks in my local store atm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you've never heard if Vist just do a google search!

I did. Found there website but wasn't particularly useful - doesn't provide jacket specs. Look like fashion over function, and I can't say it's a fashion I particularly like but to each their own. Did find specs of their Antea Insulated jacket on another website:

Waterproof - 20,000mm
Breathability - 10,000g
Price - £395 (RRP £660)
Fur Collar available separately. (I'm sure the likes of norrona and arcteryx also offer fur collars Toofy Grin )

Dare2b mutate pro insulated jacket:

Waterproof 20,000mm
Breathability - 10,000g
Price £100 (RRP £250)

No brainer really, unless of course you are really into fur collars.

In the interest of fairness though let us know which visit jacket you bought and at what price and we can see if it was in fact a good deal.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tons of Vist clobber on TK Maxx this year. Chic Italian ski wear for women in the main. It wears small so you have to buy larger than normal

Personally I always keep an eye out for Mountain Force items as I really rate them and I’ve picked up some great items over the last few years.

Zanier gloves are excellent too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

If you've never heard if Vist just do a google search!

I did. Found there website but wasn't particularly useful - doesn't provide jacket specs. Look like fashion over function, and I can't say it's a fashion I particularly like but to each their own. Did find specs of their Antea Insulated jacket on another website:

Waterproof - 20,000mm
Breathability - 10,000g
Price - £395 (RRP £660)
Fur Collar available separately. (I'm sure the likes of norrona and arcteryx also offer fur collars Toofy Grin )

Dare2b mutate pro insulated jacket:

Waterproof 20,000mm
Breathability - 10,000g
Price £100 (RRP £250)

No brainer really, unless of course you are really into fur collars.

In the interest of fairness though let us know which visit jacket you bought and at what price and we can see if it was in fact a good deal.

But it’s chic Italian design and the technical specs are adequate rather than outstanding
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@boarder2020, *Burps...…………*

………….… "Vist"...…………. not "visit" ……….

Obviously you failed in the 200 most used English words!
(BTW..……….. that's for 7 year olds!)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BobinCH wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

go check out the vist website.

Shocked

Funnily enough, the matching pants are on tk maxxxxxx
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jaolchhu4 wrote:
................Personally I always keep an eye out for Mountain Force items as I really rate them and I’ve picked up some great items over the last few years...........

Agreed, their trousers are a bit slinky for a snowboarder but very supple and hard wearing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go Rodeo or go home...Biatches!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@AL9000, my Rodeo one piece did me very well for many years. Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Come on skimastaaah which vist jacket do you own? With or without the fur hood? Toofy Grin

Quote:

it’s chic Italian design and the technical specs are adequate rather than outstanding

Like I said before it looks like fashion over function. Fine it that's what your after, I couldn't care less if someone wants an animal skin print jacket. What I don't like is people that get all snobby over ski gear. For someone that just skis a few weeks a year brands like dare2b offer affordable and adequate clothing. Winter sports are expensive enough and the number of people taking them up is declining, this kind of attitude is not helpful.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am wearing an expensive Spyder jacket, 15K etc. Last PSB it was raining at 2100 plus. After about half an hour my inner pocket wallet was completely drenched.
After 3 years of extensive use an outer zip got stuck and couldn't be properly repaired.
So I'm not impressed anymore.
Dreaming of an impermeable SuperDry rubberlike jacket
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@boarder2020, The one with the Swarofski diamonds
ski holidays
drporat wrote:
I am wearing an expensive Spyder jacket, 15K etc. Last PSB it was raining at 2100 plus. After about half an hour my inner pocket wallet was completely drenched.
After 3 years of extensive use an outer zip got stuck and couldn't be properly repaired.
So I'm not impressed anymore.
Dreaming of an impermeable SuperDry rubberlike jacket

Shame, maybe contact Spyder. I bought once a well worn Arcteryx jacket and contacted them for some repair, they seemed very keen to help, although I ended up giving up the purchase cause was too bad. My first ski jacket from decathlon jacket still strong and has never failed, including 2 hour non stop intense raining in an outdoor cinema recently.

I do tech wash and reproof one a year.
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
.......the one with the Swarofski diamonds

Would those be the cheap knockoff Swarovski diamonds? Laughing
snow report
AL9000 wrote:

I still have a Rodeo ski jacket which is still serviceable (though I haven't used it in years). Smile
ski holidays
My local TKmaxx never has ski gear in but when I called in yesterday, they had a tannoy announcement about it being on the website.
ski holidays
tarrantd wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:
.......the one with the Swarofski diamonds

Would those be the cheap knockoff Swarovski diamonds? Laughing

And the fake rabbit fur!
snow conditions
HoneyBunny wrote:

Yep weird go at someone then each other. Like you, I found it strange. I can only assume it is a carry over from another thread.
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
@NickYoung, That's exactly the point. You haven't a clue!

Vist is probably one of the most under-rated ski manufacturers out there.

Me ? ..… I'd scoff at some to55er in his Dare2Be shizzle sat on the lift behind me!

Certainly it says way more about you, ret4rd!

Steady boys! Let's not get too excited or abusive.... wink
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, Rather a jealous dig at a little known Italian ski brand that produces some rather pricey kit. Judging by the fact that the Vist jacket in question on TKMaxx has sold in excess of 35 items, and was down to the last one earlier today, certainly suggests that I was not alone in my opinion or choice of purchase. Sadly a snowhead of obvious high intelligence could not give "not 1 or 2 f***s" about berating an individual wearing such kit on a chairlift. For my part I just added fuel to the fire, and suggested the thread get back on track.

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/activewear/snow+ski/snow+ski-clothing/c/02040201?q=&sort=publishedDate-desc&facets=stockLevelStatus:inStock&page=1

Still some Dare 2Be shizzle left for those that prefer that sort of thing. Some other stuff of questionable quality left to boot!
snow report
Ooorrrrddddeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr. If *members* put as much effort into their techniques as they do on their handbags, they would look stylish whatever their outfits might be.
latest report
@skimastaaah, Yes the out of the blue dig at you was a bit weird.

My personal view is, if people want to wear nice bling gear on a ski slope then fine. It is no different from wearing nice clothes to work or out to lunch. I think the VIST kit looks nice myself.
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
AL9000 wrote:

I still have a Rodeo ski jacket which is still serviceable (though I haven't used it in years). Smile

Was Rodeo the brand name of C&A?? -- Produced some good gear ; they were the Aldi of the day
snow report
albob wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
AL9000 wrote:

Was Rodeo the brand name of C&A?? -- Produced some good gear ; they were the Aldi of the day

Was it hang ten? Or was that decathlon
snow report
Gustavobs wrote:
I do tech wash and reproof once a year.

Just out of curiosity what do you use to reproof?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
AL9000 wrote:

Yep! Very Happy

Edit: If you went to the annual ski show in the 1980s one of the guaranteed features was the C&A fashion show with models parading on the catwalk wearing Rodeo's finest. Toofy Grin Ah, those were the days when the ski show was well attended and worthwhile attending, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, Alastair -- I suspect we passed like ships in the night. I was a regular attender at Olympia/Earls Court (seem to remember Joanna Lumley opening one show...?)

=======
@Awdbugga, I use Nixwax tech wash and Nixwax Tx.Direct wash-in
snow conditions
Awdbugga wrote:
Gustavobs wrote:
I do tech wash and reproof once a year.

Just out of curiosity what do you use to reproof?

Nikwax, tech wash first then wash in for the reproofing.

Very easy to do and I always feel like it also gives some shining back to the fabric
ski holidays
@Awdbugga, some light reading on re-proofing :: to wash or to use a spray?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25764

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14613&highlight=nikwax

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=458707&highlight=killy+jacket#458707
snow report
adithorp wrote:
My local TKmaxx never has ski gear in but when I called in yesterday, they had a tannoy announcement about it being on the website.

You mean public address system. Tannoy is the brand name...
snow conditions
@mikeycharlton, Given the way this threads gone I feel like I should write something abusive but won't Puzzled Yes, you're right of course; Guess I didn't do the hoovering yesterday either Toofy Grin
ski holidays
adithorp wrote:
@mikeycharlton, Given the way this threads gone I feel like I should write something abusive but won't Puzzled Yes, you're right of course; Guess I didn't do the hoovering yesterday either Toofy Grin

Just a little Alan Partridge joke Wink

Yes, hoovering is another classic example.
latest report
BobinCH wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
Another stupid question, what would you wear under shell trousers

Good post here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=93502&sid=a6859b114184221c8606ffc23686bf1c

I have 2 pairs, a very thin odlo 3/4 length for most conditions; an Icebreaker 200 weight 3/4 for when it’s really cold.

Is was looking at the icebreakers. What's the fabric like? Are they stretchy? Debating on the sizing. I am a 33 waist but I am a large in Decathanthon 3/4l leggings
latest report
@red, A bit stretchy, but less than Lycra. It's good stuff.
snow report
@albob, @Gustavobs, thanks guys. I'll get some.
snow report
Vist jacket has arrived, within 2 working days of order.

Very nice item, not sure it's £889, but certainly a real bargain at £199.
ski holidays
Zanier gloves arrived today from TKmaxx. All the labels refer to Austria's passion for sking etc. etc. Mentions of Austria everywhere, until you look at the label inside. "Developed in Austria. Made in China". Shocked As are most things I guess. Confused Still never mind. They're nice gloves. I may need to wear my silk liners for extra warmth; but no hassle. I haven't found the volume control yet. Cool .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy