Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2019-20

Poster: A snowHead
Ravelin wrote:
Schladming. Were booked into a campsite just on the edge of the town (Camping Zirngast), so the main lift in Schladming will be the closest.
https://www.planai.at/en/service/infrastructure-on-site/planet-planai

I stayed in the Zirngast ( main hotel ) in January. Cracking hotel, with outstanding food/restaurant offering.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another great day on Reiteralm. Hardpacked conditions and some wide expanses of mini cookies but great skiing on the whole. No huts open mid week yet but who wants to stop when the sun is shining and the pistes are quiet.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timberwolf wrote:
Tarquin wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:
7 weeks or so
Not specific enough.

19th of December dude. Join us for Christmas ? You know where Cool
Very Happy wink
I'm home for Christmas on the 21st, back after, but we'll briefly overlap Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zauchensee was lovely and quiet on it's opening day today.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarpa, Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Obertuern has clouded over a little but Tuesday was great. Very few skiers and really good grippy snow on the pistes. With the warmer temps off piste is heavy going, some slides down to ground level and a lot of rocks showing. 7 lifts running.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa wrote:
Obertuern has clouded over a little but Tuesday was great. Very few skiers and really good grippy snow on the pistes. With the warmer temps off piste is heavy going, some slides down to ground level and a lot of rocks showing. 7 lifts running.

Will be at Obertauern for Krampus (Fri 6 -Sun 8 Dec) with a group of around 23 skiers & boarders for Krampus. Would be good to meet up with any snowheads who are around.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarpa, that's one of my favourite Alms in the whole of Austria - keep it warm for me until January...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Apologies if this has been covered already, but have the small local resorts (Zauchensee, Raddstadt, etc.) stopped doing local passes? All I can find now is the mega-pricey Amade pass. OK, all well and good if you're going for a week or so, but for a few days short break then a local pass is perfect.

I may be looking in the wrong place, but can't seem to find any links online to local area passes anymore.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@carled, you can buy a local pass for a day at €51, but for anything more than that you get the whole region. As an example, a 3 day pass is €152 - you save a whole euro and get the run of the whole region compared to paying for 3 individual days...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I didn't think we paid anything like that amount a couple of years ago for the local hills? Cant remember now. It seems a lot for a few days, particularly when compared to Via Lattea for €106-ish for 3 days. Depends on what flights I can get I suppose!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@carled, day pass rates range from €39.50 (Eben or Ramsau) to €56 (Snow Space). For anything more than one day then the normal Ski Amadé area passes apply.

It's very good value compared with two hours in a snowdome in the UK, right? snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As seen in one of the local magazines in my letterbox today, there seems to be some decent deals at Hauser Kaibling's opening weekend next weekend (December 6th - 8th):

https://www.hauser-kaibling.at/en/news/news-events/events/ski-opening-hauser-kaibling-with-top-packages-from-6th-to-8th-december_e_1450

Accommodation plus lift passes.

Also Tauplitz has some holiday offers at the moment:

https://www.dietauplitz.com/en/urlaub/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just for the record, in case it helps anyone in the future. Ski lockers in the Planai gondola Station can be rented in advance, online, on the Brundle Sports website. Just did that for 2 x 2 person lockers (4s being 'unavailable') for 4.80€ each per day, which I didn't think was too bad.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Seems to have been some snowfall overnight in preparation for my arrival next week Cool

https://www.radstadt.com/en/webcams/
snow report
@Timberwolf, yes it's snowing right now down to valley level.
ski holidays
-7 C on the Planai. Snowing fit to bust and all snow making running full gas. Epic day.
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, We had over 4 inches on our cars this morning up in Eben. Heading to the Flachauwinkl side of Zauch in the morning there looked to have been hardly anything down at valley level, however, up high on the mountain there was approx 20cm of fresh which was also getting wind blown into deeper drifts. Light snow continued to fall throughout the day. At the top of The Garden it was very slabby and crusty but a couple of hundred metres lower conditions were pretty good off piste and the pistes felt damn good too, temps of -7 at the top was keeping the snow fluffy. Kooky gave her new Black Crows a good workout.

snow report
Lovely day in Flachau today. Closed below the second lifts but the cannons banging it out.

snow conditions
Just got my lift ticket ready for coming next Saturday, hopefully going to stay cold and snowy, little bit excited seeing Scarpa's photos snowHead
ski holidays
Anyone got any news on the Gasteintal?

Heading out on the 21st, and snow forecasts etc ain't looking good Puzzled
snow report
@QRZBuddha, I was in Grossarl yesterday, and skied over to Dorfgastein. Conditions were excellent. Some natural snow and also cold enough for cannons. Next week looks dry and sunny, then potentially more snow Christmas week. Enjoy.
snow report
Seconded, we were at Bad Hof earlier in the week and conditions were fantastic above the mid station.
snow conditions
Ah, thanks guys, that makes me feel a bit better Very Happy
ski holidays
Fantastic first afternoon at Schladming today, 07.10 gmt flight out of Stansted, skiing on Hochwurzen by 12.15 cet!

Snow holding up well, not busy. Not quite 100% open - some runs to the valley closed.
snow conditions
Hi all - very excited to be coming out to Samzburgerland at the weekend!

The weather up to Christmas Day looks to be very unsettled, with possible rain in the valleys and snow on the hills. Do you all have advice on the best areas to drive to in this sort of weather - somewhere that has lots of on-piste tree runs above the mid station. Plus covered ski lifts/gondolas?

Basically, want to avoid both getting wet and skiing all the time above the tree line in a white out!!

We’re based near Forstau/Fageralm (would drive up to an hour)
snow report
@ma94jcg, Avoid the high points of Bad and Sport Gastein, as well as the link between Grossarl and Dorfgastein but pretty much everywhere else in the Ski Amade has plenty of Tree lined options. As to lifts, this is Austria. More than 90% of the Ski Amade Chairs are covered. About half are heated and you can reach the high points of Schladming, Snowspace and Zauchensee in Cable or Bubble Cars.
snow report
Thanks! Do you have any favourites/recommendations for a snowy day (maybe with the best cosy huts with great food, as well as the most interesting area to ski without needing to head down to the valley). I’m all ears for local knowledge!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ma94jcg, For a long day you can ski the four resorts of the Schladming area https://www.bergfex.com/reiteralm/panorama/

Pretty much everything here with a few exceptions have lots of tree lined runs. Obertauern (super card, not Amade) is one such exception, IMHO it is worth waiting for sunny days to ski there. Zauchensee is great in more limited vis and the bottom area is higher than many. Great huts all over Toofy Grin
latest report
@ma94jcg, If you just want to ski all day then I agree with @Scarpa, but if you are not interested in mileage on your snowy day then there's probably more than enough on the Snowspace Area, (Flachau, Wagrain, Alpendorf) from your end. I think there are some of the best restaurants there too.
snow report
Yup, that's a good area too. It's hard to go wrong snowHead
ski holidays
sounds good to me, thanks both Very Happy
ski holidays
So, it was pretty warm last week which had a bit of a detrimental effect on the snow. But fear not Amadérs, it's been snowing since yesterday afternoon and is set to continue for most of the week. The new snow was rather lumpy today on piste on top of a very solid base, but it will pack down nicely over the next few days. Visibility was difficult, much better to stay amongst the trees.

Another white Christmas. Bring it on! snowHead
snow conditions
Excellent we're out for New year.

Any word on the ground when the Absolut Park/Stash and the cross courses at Kleinarl and Reiteralm may be built/opened?
latest report
@Doofenschmirtz, Absolut Park and Stash are both open. I was at Flachauwinkl today. Cross parks not open yet, I daresay they will try to build these after the snow this week.
snow report
Awesome... Thanks.

Very Happy
snow report
We were in Zauchensee today. Snowed from around lunchtime, was -3c on top of the mountain. Best run for me was the red valley down to Flachauwinkl (blue is closed). It was quiet and unlike many of the other runs hadn’t mogulled up by mid-morning.

We stopped in Altenmarkt at 3pm. Car said temperature was 1c and it was raining, but while we were in the supermarket it turned to snow. Actual temperatures seem to have been a little bit cooler in general than the forecasts and there has been a nice sprinkling of snow at around 700-800m valley levels (compared to the forecasts for sleet/rain on GFS based sites/Bergfex/We Powder).

Looking forward to playing in Flachau tomorrow snowHead
snow report
Today we were in Flachau. Heavy snow all day to just above the car parks (where it was sleeting). Snow was great until the gondola mid-stations/start of space jet 2. Below that was slushy moguls.

Raining in Radstadt town late afternoon, looked very soggy. You can see the snow line in the trees just above town.
snow report
Planai and Haus superb above about mid-lift level. Not so much on the home run to Schladming, a bit after the mid-station it turned to much wetter, more like spring snow.
latest report
Bad gastein / Hofgastein both great snow today. Windy in places but quiet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy