Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Terrasse de helios

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
I wonder if some fab snow headers can help me out.
We have booked to go to terrasse de Helios in flaine in Feb. I am worried now that you cannot ski down to flaine forum but need to take the Gerats lift which would then mean we were late for ski school.
So question is can you ski from that area of flaine to foret / forum without getting a chair lift and if you do need to get gerats lift does that open in time to get to flaine forum for 9am ski school
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's the route you describe via the lift as far as I remember.

But close enough just to walk in ski boots along snow path to forét level, or just the bus outside direct to piste / snow front at forét.

I wouldn't worry as it's pretty easy and shouldn't give you a problem. Also from forét you can use beginner area rope tow ( maybe conveyer now) to get to the top of yoghurt pot lift down to forum if you are not at a level to ski down main piste initially. Nice place to stay too, very good outside pool.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks that is helpful - ski level isn’t a problem as kids are good skiers but hate walking in ski boots and can’t face the bus! Sounds like we will need to either get bus or a short trek unless the gerats opens early. Does anyone know what time it opens ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to the forum by the way @Mumof5, to clarify, you ski down to base of the chair and if it's not yet open just walk across the access road to the snow at the nursery slopes of forét as it's only a couple of hundred metres.

If you've five with kit to carry though that may by a bit slow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think glaciers might move faster ! Although good to know that we can walk it. Has anyone used the nursery in flaine - we are considering it for our 2 year old
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think glaciers might move faster ! Although good to know that we can walk it. Has anyone used the nursery in flaine - we are considering it for our 2 year old
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You may be lucky and Gerats opens a little early but it will be a struggle to get to Forum for 09:00
Only other options is skiing to the bottom of Gerats and then walking to Foret or getting the skibus from outside Terrasse de Helios
Two problems - it will take about 30 minutes to walk with 5 year olds (been there, done it) and/or the bus will be busy at that time with everyone trying to get to ski school - so allow plenty of time for both
Once in Foret, take the Bissac travelator (which does open earlier) to the top of the Telebenne yoghurt pots and take the lift down or you can ski the green Epicea to Forum or the red Azurite if your kids are capable (there's also the red Satan but that is quite steep)
One question, why are the lessons in Forum? Both ski schools also run lessons from Foret which will save some time
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info- lessons are in forum as clues competition only goes from forum - I have got two in competition, one in freestyle , one in 3 star and one at the nursery in forum. No prob with the red slope though down to forum it’s getting to foret that I think is going to be the issue. I’m abit fed up as powder beds assured me you can ski to foret/forum without needing the chair lift as we wouldn’t have booked it otherwise and now there is no other accommodation available.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mumof5, Pinched this from another thread - may be of use to you..

"...Eos is ski-in/ski-out (unless there is a serious lack of snow) via a cat-track at the back that runs down to the short Gerats chair. From the top of Gerats you join the bottom end of Tourmaline piste, which comes out at the main ski school meeting point for Flaine Foret. Be warned, it will likely take you 15-20 mins to get there. If your child is in morning ski school then get to the Gerats chair for about 9 (when it opens) and you should be okay, as ESI morning lessons start at 9:15...."

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148911 (author - Ingemark Skidmark)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was there Xmas 2016 and there was hardly any snow and the cat track was closed, which meant we had to catch a bus to ski school every morning.

Hopefully you'll be fine in Feb
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mumof5 Yep definitely no way you can ski to Foret/Forum without using the Gerats lift but it will be just about possible to get to Forum for 9:15 if you push it. If there's a kind lifty they sometimes let you go up Gerats before 09:00 but it's quite slow and takes at least 5 minutes from top to bottom. If you decide to take the bus timetable for last year is here - https://formulaire.flaine.com/medias/documents/documentation/documentation-30PARKING-FR.pdf - takes 5 minutes from Eos to Foret
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For the past few years Gerats Chair Lift has opened at 8.45 during Feb half term so you shouldn't have any problem.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy