Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

st anton

Poster: A snowHead
am off back to st anton after 10 years...... couple of q's as am guessing some stuff may have changed a bit since i was last there.....

- are the resorts all linked up these days? i remember there being some bus journeys over to zurs... can you now ski there and back etc?

- on the first day i am skiing with the less experienced guys so am planning on doing a day of as much cruisy blue runs so they can get there " eye in " so to speak..... any recommendations of a route with a lunch stop?

- is the valluga restaurant worth booking?

- any recommendations for apres for older people like us..... 40-50 year olds.....

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626,
- there is a new connecting lift from St. Anton (Alpe Rauz) to Zürs, and also from Lech to Warth these days, but no piste connecting them.
- Go up to Galzig and ski to St.Christoph (run 64) or just do the blues up on Galzig. Plenty there for a day with beginners
- Valluga restaurant... no idea
- Mooserwirt and Krazy Kangaru on the valley run from Galzig does (in) all ages up to 80.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers @Steilhang,

- if theres a just a lift does that mean that to get back we need to get that same lift down to get back?
- yep saw that..... they are intermediates, they can ski reds etc as long as not bumped up / icy
- noted
- yep KK is on the list, what about after dinner as from memory we did the KK from about 3pm to 7pm? am thinking late night drink?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want something a little less in your face, Base Camp is a good call for an apes pint.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers will check it out online..... we are staying at the galzig end of town..... i remember bar cuba from my last trip but i was the right side of 40 in those days LOL
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ajc2260626,
Quote:
if theres a just a lift does that mean that to get back we need to get that same lift down to get back?
Yes, but at least you can get across to Zürs and back without a bus.
Not too sure about eating / late nite in St.A cos we always stay at a hotel in Pettneu
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we dont need food as we are half board, just somewhere to go where we dont fell like tej oldest swingers in town! wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ajc2260626, worth a look in the Mooser hotel — if you _do_ fancy a meal out, the restaurant is pretty good. The Underground is also good... we’ll be back in St A this year also, after a break of quite a few years, looking forward to the new lifts and links...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is now the "Arlberg" rather than separate areas linked by bus and there is also Warth, though if you are staying in St Anton it is a fair way to get to Warth and back in a day. The link between Stuben and Zürs is a lift, the Flexenbahn, not skiable on piste (or not the bit Stuben side).

The Steissbachtal / Happy Valley piste is currently closed due to avalanche issues, no idea if it will reopen this season (some recent seasons it has been closed for the entire time). This means that the only way back to St Anton on piste is on the Kandahar black. This can be somewhat challenging for some especially in the afternoons when it can get pretty moguled.

For more straightforward blues Zürs or Lech best option. There have been some reports of the long blue piste to Alpe Rauz on the way to the Flexenbahn getting very busy and moguled by 10:00. I have not found this and I suspect it is more to do with overcrowding at peak times. If you are going that way best get going first thing anyway and this avoids the issue. If your group is not happy skiing the Madloch run (it is really no more than a stiff red in decent conditions in the morning) then get the bus from Zürs to Lech (run every 10 minutes) as there are lots more easy runs there.

Rendl is not bad for straightforward pistes but can be hard and icy in the mornings.

Always worth a beer or two in the Mooser though one visit is enough as the crowds get irritating after a while. Plenty other spots Senn, Heustadl, Griabli etc. As mentioned Base Camp (near to the Galzigbahn) is a bit more relaxed and is at the bottom of the pistes so no concerns about skiing after drinking schnapps! There is also the bar on the roundabout next to Alber sports, fine for a post ski beer or two.

In the village I would give Bar Cuba a miss, scruffy with too many boozed up Brits! If you want somewhere quieter with decent beer try Jules, on main street near the Tourist Information. Well known spots like Murmel or Pub 37 OK too. One change you might notice is smokers now have stand outside to pollute the atmosphere, a change welcomed by most. If you do want a meal out you could try Skiing Buddha in the sports centre next to the station, its a Thai that does a decent curry!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
couple of final q's before we go tomorrow......

- is it better to pre-order ski pass price wise?
- one of the guys is going by train from munich airport, what's the best route? is there more than one?

cheers
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ajc2260626, bahn.de says you change at Munich East and Innsbruck. It's usually right!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cheers @Steilhang,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ajc2260626, head to Rendl day one. Easy skiing, quieter than other areas and well groomed.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you're skiing tomorrow, maybe not Rendl, the Ladies Europacup downhill is taking place and so the red from the top of Gampberg is closed and more traffic than usual over that way.

Happy Valley has reopened, but as commented in the Arlberg snow report, more than the fair share of idiots skiing with blinker on around at the moment
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
first day of skiing will be thurs......
ski holidays
@ajc2260626, I have found the cheapest and easiest train route is to get an EC train direct from Munich to Innsbruck (they run every two hours), make sure you book a seat it is always busy, if you have time go to the Hauptbahnhof as the train starts there and makes life a lot easier than München Ost even with a booked seat. In Innsbruck there is a wait of around 30 mins for the train to St Anton (supermarket for supplies if needed). Again book a seat and use the OEBB app it is easy (in English) and cheaper. Do not be tempted to take a regional train from Munich to Kufstein and change there onto the train to St Anton. It is a fair walk between platforms and there connection time is quite tight.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy