Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Good evening,
We like to ski at Easter and for the last few years we have skied Zell am See. We would like to try somewhere new and so I'm looking for recommendations. We are a family of four, kids 12 & 10 and good skiers who like being in ski school to make friends and have more fun than with us!! We are both happy on all pistes. Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sparkygirl, which dates are you looking at?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
4th - 11th April.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Sparkygirl, we went to Mayrhofen last Easter, booked through Sunweb. Girls had good lessons with the local ski school.
This coming Easter we have booked La Thuile for that week - https://www.hotelchaletalpina.com/

If they follow previous years lift passes should be very cheap (fingers crossed).

Previous years we have done St Anton, Les Deux Alpes, Gressoney, Val thorens and Val d’Isere for Easter.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 27-10-19 22:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the response. I have not heard of Sunweb, do they do whole packages? We usually DIY as we self cater but I am struggling to find flights at the moment and the flights we usually take do not seem to be available after end of March next year. I'll look at the places you mentioned.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunweb has both self drive and with flights options. Prices include lift passes.

We have booked flights for this season and next using http://www.ba.com/Flightpass

This gives us affordable half term and Easter flights. Limited to flying out from a London airport. We are flying to Turin next season and Salzburg last season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the response. I have not heard of Sunweb, do they do whole packages? We usually DIY as we self cater but I am struggling to find flights at the moment and the flights we usually take do not seem to be available after end of March next year. I'll look at the places you mentioned.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ wrote:
Sunweb has both self drive and with flights options. Prices include lift passes.

Yes full package or accommodation. You can add on ski hire and lessons but we booked those independently.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More detail on getting flights in this thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=137668&highlight=
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Trip Report from Mayhofen trip

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142966&highlight=
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Sparkygirl, Zell am See is quite a small ski area. If you want to try a larger area in Austria I'd recommend either Serfaus or Lech. The hotel I've always used in Lech has been converted into apartment for this season, have a look at https://www.fernsichtapartments-lech.at/en/apartment/apartment-n0-1-93-m2 Lech ski school is expensive, so check that out before you decide. Serfaus is a slightly smaller ski are (still way bigger than Zell) but cheaper and very well set up for kids. Both resorts are about 3 hours drive from Munich, which for me coming from Scotland is the airport with the most availability.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Sparkygirl,
The Ski Amade area has free kids lift passes at Easter. We've been to Bad Hofgastein for the last 3 years and done Radstadt before that staying with the excellent flangersax's. DIY and get a hire car so you can follow the snow.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musher wrote:
@Sparkygirl,
The Ski Amade area has free kids lift passes at Easter. We've been to Bad Hofgastein for the last 3 years and done Radstadt before that staying with the excellent flangersax's. DIY and get a hire car so you can follow the snow.

Radstadt itself finishes at the end of March. We had great lessons for the girls when we stayed there in Feb. Not sure I would recommend there as a base if needing to go to another ski area for the lessons personally for that week.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We went I think on 12th April. The first day or two the skiing wasn't great but then we had several Easter dumps and Zauchensee and Flacauwinkl were great. Radstadt itself was very closed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
musher wrote:
We went I think on 12th April. The first day or two the skiing wasn't great but then we had several Easter dumps and Zauchensee and Flacauwinkl were great. Radstadt itself was very closed.

But did you have children in week long ski school?
snow conditions
@NickyJ, looks like a great choice; store for future family trips. Stubaital again for us.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy