Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sell/Buy Site and App Update

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

You may remember earlier this year when I let you all know about a website I built, www.shnoh.com which is a platform for skiers and boarders to sell and buy 'pre-owned' equipment, clothing etc, well, I realised that launching such a website near the END of the ski season probably wasn't as clever as I (strangely) thought.

Anyway, I'm back again asking my fellow snowheads to get behind my project. It doesn't cost anything, it's simply a case of digging out gear you don't need any more and listing it on the site.

The site uses auction and 'buy it now' as the methods of selling/buying, which are pretty self explanatory. All you need to do is register with the site and have a PayPal account.

Payment was something that I didn't want to get involved in, so I use PayPal as a means to facilitate such, the only catch being that they take about 3 - 4% of the final sale price as a fee (automatically deducted for the sellers PayPal account once payment has been received).

Since I last told you all about the site I have converted it to an Android app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shnohdotcom.shnoh&gl=GB ), so it's now available as both a website and an app. Unfortunately I haven't been able to convert it to an iPhone app as Apple want apps to be built specifically for their phones, not just converted, so no app, but you can just pin the site to your homescreen.

I make no money from the site (see it as a kind of philanthropic venture, a bit like the old men who run the narrow gauge railway). I built the site because i wanted to find a slick way for skiers and boarders to sell (essentially 'recycle') their unwanted gear and clothing.

Initially I was toying with the idea of eventually opening the site to ad banners as a means of recouping the costs invilved with building and maintaining the project, but I may well just go for donations via PayPal just like the Snowheads team do.

So, it's there for you all to use, and I hope you do, I'd like you to see it as an easy and convenient tool for recycling your gear and clothing.

How can you supprt the project? Just sort through your old stuff and list it (and tell other skiers/boarders).

Thanks

Michael

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 30-10-19 1:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or they could just use the buy and sell section of this website?
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
True, my site is to compliment SHs, not replace it.
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks good. Will see what old stuff I have and list it.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Legend., Try skiads.com as well
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Legend., cool.
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I should have mentioned that, when creating a listing, you can use the camera on your phone to get images of the gear you're listing, or you can navigate to either phone storage or cloud storage to add images.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy