Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi from Bourg St Maurice or Moutiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning on taking overnight ski train. It arrives desperately early -- 5:30 ish. Nothing booked yet. Any advice on transport to 3 Valleys, or Les Arcs, Villandry. Is there any public transport at that time and, if not, what would a taxi charge for 4 people?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will be taxis outside the station, they know when the train arrives. If you want to go to Arc 1800 its about €50 for a minibus that will easily get four people and gear inside. I don't know about other resorts as I've not taken a taxi to them. Failing that there's a bar/restaurant opposite the station called Le Tonneau, which will be open when you arrive. In which you'll be able to get a drink and some breakfast.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chomski wrote:
...what would a taxi charge for 4 people?

60 Euros for 4 people from the Bourg train station to Vallandry with Taxi Arthur. Can be pre-booked, which is a good idea on busy transfer days.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @chomski, the taxi bit of your question kindly answered already by@rob@rar. As for public transport options, unlike a taxi, depends where you are going... I will skip Moutiers-3V as l'm less familiar. But if you are heading to Les Arcs or Vallandry:

Les Arcs, easy. Find a cafe and wait for the funicular to open (from memory 7:30am). Buy ski pass at the funi station for the duration of your stay. Head up on the funicular for no further outlay. From Arc 1600 where the funi ends, free shuttle buses to the other Arcs. You can also leave your luggage in a locker at the top of the funi (small surcharge to add this option to your lift pass), ski the day, then complete your journey in the evening.

Vallandry / Peisey / Nancroix, slightly harder. You could do as above and then find one more free shuttle bus from Arc 1800 to Vallandry. This is a relatively new service and depends on the 'fire road' being cleared and viable. Plan B would be to hop on the train in Bourg St Maurice to go back one stop to Landry. Walk from the station to Landry town square (about 1km) and there catch the bus up the hill to Peisey-Vallandry at around 8am; there may be a small charge. Once in Peisey-Vallandry, you have the free shuttle buses between all local villages. By the time you have added up the fares for Plan B, it will be marginal between that and a taxi if you have four folk in your party.

There is, of course, a Plan C for wherever you are staying in Les Arcs / Peisey / Vallandry. Travel light, head up in the funicular, ski to your lodgings. If you need to rent skis you can either do it at the bottom of the funicular or in Arc 1600 (where they might look after your luggage if they are nice, so you can ski through the day, pick up rucksac, and skid over to where you are staying later in the afternoon).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chomski, why go up to the resort that early? Have a coffee and breakfast in bourg then either get the funicular upto les arcs or go to the bus station and get the bus to your chosen resort. I don't know moutiers as well but I imagine the same options are available there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry I should have mentioned this earlier. Have a look at the altibus routes and schedule. Www.altibus.com

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 2-11-19 11:09; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobski62 wrote:
Hi @chomski, the taxi bit of your question kindly answered already by@rob@rar. As for public transport options, unlike a taxi, depends where you are going... I will skip Moutiers-3V as l'm less familiar. But if you are heading to Les Arcs or Vallandry:

Les Arcs, easy. Find a cafe and wait for the funicular to open (from memory 7:30am). Buy ski pass at the funi station for the duration of your stay. Head up on the funicular for no further outlay. From Arc 1600 where the funi ends, free shuttle buses to the other Arcs. You can also leave your luggage in a locker at the top of the funi (small surcharge to add this option to your lift pass), ski the day, then complete your journey in the evening.

Vallandry / Peisey / Nancroix, slightly harder. You could do as above and then find one more free shuttle bus from Arc 1800 to Vallandry. This is a relatively new service and depends on the 'fire road' being cleared and viable. Plan B would be to hop on the train in Bourg St Maurice to go back one stop to Landry. Walk from the station to Landry town square (about 1km) and there catch the bus up the hill to Peisey-Vallandry at around 8am; there may be a small charge. Once in Peisey-Vallandry, you have the free shuttle buses between all local villages. By the time you have added up the fares for Plan B, it will be marginal between that and a taxi if you have four folk in your party.

There is, of course, a Plan C for wherever you are staying in Les Arcs / Peisey / Vallandry. Travel light, head up in the funicular, ski to your lodgings. If you need to rent skis you can either do it at the bottom of the funicular or in Arc 1600 (where they might look after your luggage if they are nice, so you can ski through the day, pick up rucksac, and skid over to where you are staying later in the afternoon).

If you're not laden with kids or the wife, then:-

1) Get changed into ski gear on the train.
2) Hop off the train, get a coffee, wait for the funi to arrive. It departs from the end of the platform.
3) Dump the suitcase in your apartment.
4) Wait for 1st lift to open
4) Ski

I once skied across Les Arcs with my gear in a rucksack, caught the funicular down the mountain, hopped onto the train, took off ski boots, departed for London. Awesome!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We paid 100€ for a private taxi for 4 with skis and luggage from Val Thorens to Moutiers station. I can dig up the number of the company/guy for you. He was great and the car was a Vito van.

Alternative is to check altibus
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jellylegs, that's a fantastic method! The best train-to-ski story I've heard.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks SnowHeads. Very helpful. Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy