Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy dolomites / monterosa accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a hotel or b and b for part week Sat to weds rooms. Looking to book for a group of 4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You will need to give a bit more information. Which month? Whereabouts in the Dolomites?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha true. March 7th to 11th following the gnranly bash which is in gressoney but with cars can drive 3ish hours. Somewhere in italy. 4 seperate rooms and restriction is sat to weds
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only place I know well enough over on that side of Italy is La Thuile. A 3 hour radius from Gressoney, sticking to Italian resorts, probably means one of the resorts in the Aosta Valley (and I would include La Thuile in that) but I think others will be better placed to recommend accommodation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a very good hotel in Gressonney La Trinite that we have used for a number of years:

https://www.hoteldufour.it/

It's right at the bottom of the Jolanda chairlift and (for the last 6 or 7 years) has always had enough snow in April to get all the way back to the hotel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alisdair, welcome to snowheads. @Lost in the trees is attending the Gnarlibug (Gnarly But Gnice) snowheads trip which uses the DuFour. I agree, fantastic hotel.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt wrote:
@Alisdair, welcome to snowheads.

Thank you!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Lost in the trees, assumming you're looking for a change of resort after the Gnarlibug, I would suggest staying in the Valle d'Aosta area as the Dolomites are a very long drive from Gressoney.

This is a good resource for researching the various resorts in the area: https://www.bergfex.com/aostatal/

Cervinia, La Thuile & Courmayeur are bigger ones, but there are a number of smaller places too.

Staying a short drive away from the resorts will open up more accommodation options and generally be cheaper.

Check on Booking.com or Airbnb for your dates.

Booking.com is good as it often lets you have free cancellation and pay on arrival.

If using Airbnb, message the owner first to see if they'll accept short durations, sometimes the site will let you book it, but the owner comes back and says weekly bookings only and it takes a while to get payment refunded from Airbnb.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy