Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women’s Atomic Cloud ski

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me what the differences are between 7,8,9,10 etc?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stiffness and profile - 7 Will be softer than 9 and so on. What kind of skide are you, and what do you Weigh (not polite to ask a girl that question, but it is needed)? What terrain do you ski, and at what level?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m an advanced skier - can ski any run, but piste only now, 59kg, I ski fast, and like short turns
Have a knee injury from a few years back, so need edges to hold nicely, not too twitchy
I’ve been skiing on my old rossignols for 10 years now, and they felt horrible at speed last season!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My first purchased skis were Cloud 9 which I bought after 3 weeks of ski lessons at a week per year, but was about to spend a couple of months away skiing and renting made no sense. They suited me until my confidence developed and I started to go faster and steeper - at that point I couldn't get the edges to dig in and was skidding too much. This is all my interpretation and the failing could be my technique....
I chose the 9 after much online research, trying to match my experience with the descriptions - I knew the 11s would be too stiff. Do they do even numbers, I didn't know that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the cloud Series is an all piste Series, and you Sound like an Cloud 11 user - maybe even a 12, but my guess is 11. They are basically the same shape, bit for strong edgehold on hard surfaces, you shouldgo to minimum an 11. I got the cloud 9 for my wife last year (coming from a K2 beginner ski), and it mad a ton of difference for her skiing. She is cautious and don’t ski fast, but she loves it. The 9 is an intermediate ski, and you need something a lot stronger. She is about the same Weight as you, but only barely ski reds due slowly. According to her the servotec makes a Big difference.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Are you fixed on Atomic cloud? Other brands may be more suitable.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ii find Skis dot com to be an invaluable resource - love that the skis are reviewed by all shapes, sizes and experiences.
Apologies for any toe-stepping, delete as required.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No not fixed on Atomic Cloud, they just seemed to get good reviews, am open to all suggestions, as it’s been 10 years since I changed skis!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, I love my Head Super Joys - may be a bit below your level, but they are fun!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FWIW. The 2 top choices in this year's SCGB Piste Ski Test (beating the Atomic Cloud 9):

Head Superjoy

Salomon S/Max W10
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are both of those skis not in the all mountain frontside cat.? The cloud series is a pure piste ski.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Skigirl1000, I am not sure what the nature of your knee injury is, but you may wish to look Kneesafe bindings? I bought these after damaging my ACL reconstruction in the hope of protecting what remains of it within my knee.

I have bought the Dynastar Intense 10s after trying them along with others at the Oktobertest. I then had the bindings (which I had bought and had switched onto my first skis) transferred onto them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DanishRider wrote:
Are both of those skis not in the all mountain frontside cat.? The cloud series is a pure piste ski.

The Superjoys are piste skis.

I've just looked at the reviews and the 2020 version are described with different characteristics from the 2018 ones which I have.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DanishRider wrote:

They are listed in the Piste Ski Category.

The winners of the AM Category were:

K2 Anthem 80

Nordica Santa Ana 88
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can recommend the Nordica Santa Ana I liked them so much I bought a pair at the Octoberskitest Laughing They were light, responsive on the varied crud, bumps and icy stuff.
I have K2's for inside and out skiing, Whitedots Preachers and Salomons and have skied various Atomics and Heads. Skis are like a lot of things and you need to try them. I would recommend doing your own ski test if possible at one of the domes. What's good for one isn't always good for others. I did some research prior to Octoberskitest and went with a list to try and bought something I hadn't seen rolling eyes
Good luck in your search
latest report
Old Fartbag wrote:
DanishRider wrote:

They are listed in the Piste Ski Category.

The winners of the AM Category were:

K2 Anthem 80

Nordica Santa Ana 88

I stand corrected Happy
snow report
I went from cloud 9’s to saloman s/max w10’s last season, found them far more responsive and stiffer than the cloud 9’s, I’m a similar weight, and enjoy fast short turns. I tried the the superjoys but not for me.

Although I now have a torn ACL, so no skiing this season ☹️
snow conditions
Thank you!
I’ve looked at lots of reviews, and I’m going to go with the Atomic Cloud 11, just need to decide on bindings now... any suggestions?!?!
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
@Skigirl1000, I am not sure what the nature of your knee injury is, but you may wish to look Kneesafe bindings? I bought these after damaging my ACL reconstruction in the hope of protecting what remains of it within my knee.

I have bought the Dynastar Intense 10s after trying them along with others at the Oktobertest. I then had the bindings (which I had bought and had switched onto my first skis) transferred onto them.

http://www.kneebinding.com/KB-HomePage.aspx
snow report
@Skigirl1000, I'm pretty sure that the Cloud 11 skis will come with bindings supplied.
latest report
I bought a pair of Atomic 11s last season as they were only the 2nd pair of skis I’d hired in years that actually felt like they made a difference to my skiing. I’m a good intermediate to lower level expert (isn’t every Brit skier? Haha) & they make skiing the black mogul run a dream, turn quickly, they’re light. I love them.
Mine came with mercury 11 bindings fitted.
Added bonus was that they have none of that naff girly flowery pink graphics crap too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy