Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine in April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Thinking about Flaine for a Family Holiday in Easter 2007 - flying out for a week from 31st March 2007.

What are the conditions likely to be in Flaine at this time ? (given previous history and members own experiences)

Me and my 10yr old son are improving intermediates, my wife and 5yr old daughter are beginners with 1 weeks ski-ing (Sol in Austria this February).

Is Flaine a fairly snowsure bet or should we consider somewhere else so late in the season !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hairy Boy, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I've never been to Flaine, so can't really help with your question. 31st March is quite early for Easter...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 18-08-06 16:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hairy Boy, Welcome to Snowheads. Just come back from a long weekend in Flaine. Stayed in the Pierre & Vacances in Flaine Foret, which had been refurbished and was very good. There was loads of snow even further down the valley. Because of the time of year it's icy first thing but softens quickly and by 1600 is quite heavy. From what I could see there is a preponderence of blue runs, a good number of wide carving reds and a self contained nursery area both at Foret and Forum (slightly lower).
Certainly would seem to fit your requirements, although fully ski in/out like some places. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As already mentioned, you can never guarantee snow conditions but history gives a good indication of what can be expected. Flaine/Grand Massif has one of the best historical snow records in the Alps and would normally expect very good snow conditions in April.

Although it is not as high as some of the glacial resorts, the snow record is excellent. This is largely down to its location - midway between Lake Geneva (the largest lake in Europe) and Mont Blanc (the largest mountain in Europe). Basically, this results in lots of snow falling on the area. Furthermore, many of the Grand Massif mountains are grass covered (most mountains are rock covered) so only a small amount of snow is needed to make the pistes fully skiable.

Have a good time. Very enjoyable skiing in Flaine itself and partiulcarly the rest of the Grand Massif area.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It has over 400cm on the upper slopes at the moment
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Looks like Flaine it is snowHead Time to polish the credit card and lay down a deposit me thinks.

Thanks for your advice !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just booked it through Neilson.com

£1,644 for a South Facing Family Apartment with Balcony (was £1,504 for North facing) at the Residence de la Foret in Flaine Foret. Price includes flights from Manchester and Transfers. This is the 1st week of our kids school holidays so the price is bumped up somewhat because of this.

We've obviously got ski hire/lessons/lift passes etc on top of this. This Ski-ing is an expensive business Shocked but we all had such a great time at Sol this year I just don't care about the cost Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hairy Boy, you're learning fast wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hairy Boy, I skied at Flaine today, and it was good. Quite icy until around 11.30 in some parts. The Combe de Gers is closed for the season, apparently because the lift was put out of action by an avalanche last week. The top chairlift to the Tete des Lindars was closed too, but when I asked a passing ESF instructor he said he thought it was because of the wind - the snow looked fine up there. The bottom area got slushy as the afternoon wore on but because of the deep snow cover (which you couldn't count on having every April, this is exceptional) it was still very pleasant. Not crowded. BUT I did notice a significant hike in prices compared to the area I am used to - a large coffee cost 3.50 and a very small salad 9.50. In small French resorts you'd get a good salad for 9.50 and a large coffee for 2.50. But the sun shone and the mountains looked great - the view from the top is fantastic, and there is an easy blue route down, so everyone can get up there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i was skiing in flaine last week its a great wee place it snowed for almost 3 days straight tho so we ended up having a few short days of skiing but apart from that its an amazing place to go
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
welcome to snowheadsfianny, i am off to flaine on thursday .how is the snow holding up ? any good tips? we are staying in foret. Is there much walking to the lifts? Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hedley, have a look at www.flaine.com there is a resort map that shows you where all the appts/hotels are. If you are at the far end of foret you could get the bus or take the lift down to the forum.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy