Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moutiers to La Tania - transport, breakfast and timings

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

So we are heading back to La Tania for the upcoming season and are planning on travelling by Eurostar to Moutiers.

The train arrives at around 5.45am and the question is what to do then?

We've been told that there is somewhere warm and sells breakfast in Moutiers - anyone know about this?

Then we have to work out how to get up to La Tania. Our chalet wants to charge us over £50 each way which seems a bit of a rip off. There is a bus, last season it left at 6.30am and arrived at 7.10am, which will no doubt be cheaper but is there anything open when we get to La Tania? Anywhere serving breakfast or even just coffee?

If there is something in Moutiers and we have breakfast there, we'll miss the bus and the one after isn't until 10.30am, so anyone know of any taxis?

Appreciate any advice
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus will cost you £50 return for 2 adults
Taxi - £100 one way easily

Are you sure you don't want to take chalet's offer?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the chalet is charging you £100 and the bus is €46 you have to weigh up the benefit there is going to the chalet. As they are collecting you, you will be taken straight to your accommodation and they will no doubt accommodate you for the day until your chalet room becomes free. I would have thought you you will be certainly getting a free coffee and depending on who you are staying with they might accommodate you for breakfast. At the very least it means straight out onto the slopes as soon as you want. Sounds absolutely perfect if you ask me!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, sounds like maybe my view of £35 per person return wasn't quite so in line with reality!

Is the bus from Moutiers to La Tania really that expensive!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kosciosco wrote:
Appreciate any advice

Don't start sentences with "so".

You can see a summer timetable with prices here.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are warm waiting rooms and coffee bars at the station...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kosciosco wrote:
OK, sounds like maybe my view of £35 per person return wasn't quite so in line with reality!

Is the bus from Moutiers to La Tania really that expensive!!!

It's €23 return on the bus per person. So that's definitely cheaper than a taxi. I'd just prefer to get to the chalet rather than wait around.

I have previously got the bus up to both Le Menuires and Val Thorens and it's ok, just would have preferred a taxi, especially at that price!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So Business Class (private transfer) is more expensive than Economy (public bus). Who knew?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kosciosco, if you've been to LT before (which you say you have) you must know that almost all the chalets are a serious PITA trek from the bus stop with ski luggage.

If you really begrudge some poor b'stard under paid chalet driver £50 for getting out of bed at 4.30am to dig his bus out and be in Moutiers waiting for your royal highnesses and taking you directly to your door, you clearly should be paying to stay in the posh end of Val Despair where it will be FOC with bells on instead of slumming it with the working paupers in LT.

(Adds "Ex-3V Transfer Driver" to his signature) wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You say you are heading there for the upcoming season. Do you mean all season and working there, or it's just a one week trip? I'd be taking the chalet companies offer either way!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs wrote:
kosciosco wrote:
Appreciate any advice

Don't start sentences with "so".

You can see a summer timetable with prices here.

Nothing like being direct, eh? Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To the OP, have you been to La Tania? The village it spaced out with many chalets a fair way up the hill. Lugging kit and luggage from the bus stop, up the hill to your accommodation in all honesty could be a task and a half. £50 may soung like a lot, but it actually may be a bargain.

As for whether anything is open, the answer is yes. There are a number of pastissirie places in La Tania that cater for the morning rush. Located near the ESF ski school on the pedestrianised bit of the village.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hilly or not... I can't agree that €50 pp is a bargain, regardless of how it's dressed up rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't comment about the OP, but for me with 3 kids in tow carrying all of their gear, my gear and he wife's gear.....its a bargain
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bergmeister wrote:
Hilly or not... I can't agree that €50 pp is a bargain, regardless of how it's dressed up rolling eyes

Don't think it is per person. Says £50.
ski holidays
Seems to me that you are getting a door-to-door service after a long train journey with no much sleep and vitally they are willing to put up with you arriving so early. Yep, more expensive that you'd like but it is the mtns. To compare, my Mum is getting a cab from Lincolnshire to Heathrow and back to fly to see us for Christmas. Her private cab trip is cheaper than the shared transfer from Geneva to Les Carroz! Looks like I will be snaking my way to Geneva airport and deciding if the 40 euro vignette for two trips at the end of December is worth avoiding the hassle of a trip through Geneva.
snow report
Legend. wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

Don't think it is per person. Says £50.

Oops! Silly me. That price is more like it. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy