Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America West Coast Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks @Toadman, unfortunately we’re in an Airbnb in Rhododendron which we’d lose the lot on cutting short. I’m still really happy to just be back on snow though for the first time in three years, first gap in over 25 seasons. And I’ve been keeping a track on conditions and it does look like a return to cooler stormier weather too. Dug the skis and snowboards out the cellar last night as well so starting to feel like it’s happening.

I’ll see if we can make a day to Crystal though for sure and it would be mid week anyway if we did as back in Seattle from 7 March.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of dry, and light snow from the most recent storm in the PNW. It's on its way to Colorado Monday evening Feb. 21 to Feb. 22. Should be a much needed refresh of the slopes. Will favor the SW corner of Colorado and Taos.

Quick pic of the blower pow at Bachelor. There really is a snowboarder in there somewhere, the snow didn't just spontaneously combust!

By far the lightest turns of the season. Free refills all afternoon long and surprisingly very light crowds for a holiday weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well this isn’t going too well, BA have still got our skis and boards in Heathrow from our Saturday flight. In theory on the flight to Seattle tomorrow so hoping they’ll get them couriered straight to us Monday evening in Rhododendron.

But got here this afternoon from the drive from Seattle through pouring rain to hear all the Mt Hood resorts are shut tomorrow due to rain. Was hoping to throw enough kit together to get out on hire skis but that’s out the window. Not how I’d hoped my first time back on snow in three years would be Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bigtuboflard, my goodness your timing is just awful, I'm bummed for you. I'm sure you're itching to go after three years, but it is going to suck everywhere in the PNW for the next few days.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, it sucks! Hopefully get a few days in when our gear shows up.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Things are improving here in Mt Hood thankfully, had a good day up at Timberline yesterday with the snow line dropping throughout the day and deserted slopes. Ski bags finally showed up yesterday too so changing from hire board to my own skis today for a day at Meadows.

Given that it’s not stopped raining down in the valley the slopes have held up pretty well so far, on the groomers at least.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wonderful day at Mt Hood Meadows. Even enjoyed getting the planks out for a day. And the sun finally came out so we could see Mt Hood; it’s huge.

Snow was getting spring like in parts today especially south facing but was still great conditions overall and relatively quiet even with regional race finals taking place there.

My better half just off Vista.

https://flic.kr/p/2n6Gzki
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yay! Skiing on volcanoes is different; glad you got to see it. Meadows is a good little area.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Scooter_in_Seattle, heading back for our last day at Timberline today. The lift pass prices have been a bit of a shock to the system as you warned but didn’t want to gamble on a season pass if the trip didn’t go ahead due to Covid. Might consider a spring pass next time round and come in late March, $249 for the Meadows one seems good value.

Heading back to Seattle tomorrow so if you’ve any tips for things to do (aside from the obvious like the Space Needle) let me know. Considering getting a ferry over to Hamilton Viewpoint Park; worth a trip or not?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That park is typically driven to, but the West Seattle Bridge is currently under repair and the drive there is kinda nasty as a result. I'd skip that. The #1 attraction is Pike Place Market in Downtown. As good a market as I've seen anywhere. You could also ride the Bainbridge Island ferry from downtown (and back). The Space Needle....if you like a big view and its clear out, sure. Another big view is from the Club at Newcastle golf course, about 30 min from Seattle. Not a great course at all, but the views are stunning and its a pleasant place to have lunch. You'd get there on the longest floating bridge in the world. Back in Seattle, Amazon's HQ has an interesting place, the "spheres". Good luck, pm me if you need help.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's been a bit of a skunker for large sections of the winter. Hopefully the last throws of winter will fight to extend it another 5-6 weeks.

I was not even following the weather these past few weeks, so was surprised at the conditions at Bachelor this morning. It was worth getting up for the day light savings and "spring forward". Very Happy

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
any local intel on How Bachelor is going to handle Spring season with Skyliner broke? Snow pack good enough to get to Memorial day? We're making plans ... Crystal closing weekend locked in the bag so far!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 30-03-22 4:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@gortonator, I have found their response to be pretty decent. They have groomed several runs they rarely groom, e.g. Down under west, tippy toe. They will have it fixed for next season, and just announced they’re going to replace it with a six pack in I believe two years. i’ll be back down in two weeks, but I don’t think they’ll make it to memorial day this season. The major Tahoe areas are staying open well into April so there are options down there as well
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gortonator wrote:
any local intel on How Bachelor is going to handle Spring season with Skyliner broke? Snow pack good enough to get to Memorial day? We're making plans ... Crystal closing weekend locked in the bag so far!

Was up there today with some dust on crust. No lift lines. Pretty much had ski on privileges today. Last week was similar. I think things could be touch and go for May skiing. The base isn't that deep this season.

Outback chair is usually closed for the season when April comes around and they just were spinning NWX this morning, which gets you everything that Outback has.

Maybe some April storms will come around and give us some nice late season turns.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Next few days should help!
snow report
Up to 2 feet possibly by Tuesday morning forecast for Bachelor. Overnight 7", but very high winds with gusts up to 90mph at the top of Pine. Should be good Tuesday.
latest report
75cm last 24 hours in whistler. More today. Lot of avalanche prep but by Wednesday should be perfect late season.
ski holidays
Snow stake doesn't lie.

Bachelor-4-2-2022
latest report
Deep snow at Bachelor this morning, along with long lift lines. 28" in the past 24 hours. Worth the effort and dealing with the gong show.

One more...

latest report
Storm skiing this morning. Had lapped this a few times as no one seemed to be coming over to this neck of the woods.

No one skiing the trees either. No complaints. Just meant more for me! Toofy Grin

Forecast calling for another 4"-8" overnight. Very nice late season conditions.
snow conditions
Whitefish closing day we got ten inches of nice light fluff. Tele skier on Inside Road.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 11-04-22 22:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
That all looks wonderful, nice way to hang 'em up. I get my turns next week, so please send this snow to Tahoe so I don't ruin my fresh edges! Crazy weather coming through the coast all week. Mt.B report mentions 95mph gusts today; Mammoth can only muster 80. Looks like Mt.B will make it to Memorial Day now, sweet.
snow conditions
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
That all looks wonderful, nice way to hang 'em up. I get my turns next week, so please send this snow to Tahoe so I don't ruin my fresh edges! Crazy weather coming through the coast all week. Mt.B report mentions 95mph gusts today; Mammoth can only muster 80. Looks like Mt.B will make it to Memorial Day now, sweet.

Speaking of high winds, yesterday was interesting at Bachelor. The winds at the base were blowing straight up the runs off of Red and Pine. It was lots of poling on the less steep sections to keep the momentum up.

Woke to a few inches of snow in the driveway this morning. Thinking Tuesday will be the day to be up at Bachelor if they can get NWX running. However, will probably be very wind hammered snow. We definitely need all the snowpack we can get for Central Oregon. And, forecast looks like maybe another shot of snow for the mtns later in the week too.
snow conditions
All major lifts closed right now from Crystal to Mammoth...unusual for it to be so uniform.
latest report
I drove back over the snowqualmie pass yesterday, and was definitely getting quite snowy! snowHead

By the way Big Sky where I was returning from was very spring like with not too much of a base, but better than expected - probably partly because of the low expectations and partly because I got discounted tickets and accommodation (was there for IFSA junior NorAms). We had a bit of pow, then back to full on spring/summer skiing. Lots of places looked like they would be pretty fun to ski with some snow. Scary hike along the ridge though! Shocked
Didn't bother with the tram.
ski holidays
Ah, Big Sky...I want to talk, or should I say go off about Big Sky. Finally got there for the first time in Feb and was totally underwhelmed. Plenty of steeps that I've aged out of, and plenty of groomers that are not very steep. Coupled with the most expensive lodging I've ever encountered, by far, and you get meh/not coming back even if "free" on Ikon. I left two days early. Also not the easiest place to get to as you've just experienced. I didn't bother with the tram either; the extra $75-85 is kind of offensive (new, larger tram coming in 3 years) and coverage was very shaky. Oh, and they told me that shredding my bases on unmarked rocks in the middle of blue runs in Feb was not unusual. So for me, Big Sky is just B.S.! I'll be back in that part of the world next season....at Grand Targhee, which crushed BS in the preceding days.

Obviously that's one man's opinion based on one trip during thin cover throughout the West...I get it. Curious what you thought....your discounts could've spared you the rod. Hope your kid did well and at least you are back on 'em....I recall you whacked yourself a while back.

I will say it is a damn good looking mountain, one of the best.
snow conditions
@Scooter in Seattle,

Was a bit of a mix of thoughts...
With good snow the terrain would certainly have potential, there's some great looking chutes (with a scary hike in!) and interesting bits and pieces dotted around, though would agree with you that it is either that or fairly unexciting cruising terrain.
It was bigger than I thought it would be, but still nothing like the terrain that WhistlerBlackcomb has (perhaps an unfair comparison due to the conditions and not being willing to shell out for the tram!). Everything was definitely pricey (especially when converted to our Canadian $s) - there are some massive houses there so I can see what the market is!
I liked the atmosphere of the village during the day, not all that much going on later, but nice lodge at the base with a few fun bars and liked the free seating area where they have a bit of a party going on, and you can bring your own beer - a particular novelty for Canadians due to our puritanical drinking laws!
I definitely prefer the terrain, towns, and general feel of the BC resorts such as Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, and Red and it was a really long way to get to Big Sky so probably wouldn't be rushing back for skiing
Will probably go back to Yellowstone some time as the open bit of Yellowstone at Mammoth Hot Springs we visited was pretty cool (or rather hot! Madeye-Smiley ) and Idaho and Montana are very pretty - which is saying something when we live in BC!

Son did OK in the Norams, though finals got abandoned after the qualifiers due to the conditions. He had a very late qualifier start on a very hot day so skied to the conditions to qualify (which he did), then finals got scratched so he was annoyed - but would have been pretty unsafe, so the right decision. He finished 22nd overall in North America and 4th in Canada, he likely could have finished a fair bit higher, but not bad as he has another year in the category so should be a real contender for the top spots next year all going well.

That was the first time I really skied since breaking myself - got a pow day (though lots of hidden sharks and icy chunks!) so not a bad return, then back to full on summer so just sat around watching the comp and getting sunburnt! Cool
latest report
Bachelor was off the hook today. Not too crowded. Literally fresh tracks all morning long. Thigh deep and not too heavy, but you had to stay on the steeps and keep your momentum up. Lots of wallowing out of the deep.

I managed lots of 2nd decents, which was fine by me. Plenty of powder for everyone!

Hard to believe that I set the 2nd tracks on this line too.

More snow on the way. Maybe another 12"-18" over the next 48 hrs.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 13-04-22 3:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sweet! Leave a little for me, I may stop there Thursday on my way to Mammoth. I love Bachelor, but it isn't the mtn for deep snow, especially with the wind that usually brings it. More than 7-8" and you just can't keep going. But what a fabulous reset for the rest of the season....and for the farmers.
ski holidays
Sweet! Leave a little for me, I may stop there Thursday on my way to Mammoth. I love Bachelor, but it isn't the mtn for deep snow, especially with the wind that usually brings it. More than 7-8" and you just can't keep going. But what a fabulous reset for the rest of the season....and for the farmers.

Scooter, based on the forecast, if you can fit a Thursday stop at Bachelor, you should do it. The snow conditions are as good as it gets. I mean it's February type conditions here. Cold smoke powder is on the menu. Heck, it snowed in town over night. I had 2" of blower pow on my truck this morning!

And Bachelor has another 10" on the snowstake this morning. Rinse and repeat.
snow report
I'll be there, I'm heading down this morning. PM me if you want to meet up. It could be the smallest and most remote "Bash" in SH history...
latest report
I'll be there, I'm heading down this morning. PM me if you want to meet up. It could be the smallest and most remote "Bash" in SH history...

Will do. I already called in a favor with the boss for this past Tuesday. (and was totally worth it!) But I'm going to beg for an hour tomorrow. So, it would definitely be a very short Bash on my end!
latest report

Scooter, I hope you made it to Bachelor today. Sorry, I didn't connect. I had a standing meeting that got canceled last minute, and made the mad dash up to the hill for just 4 laps before I had to rush back down the hill for a meeting. But it was worth it to get those first chair rides in and a few laps off of Pine. I would have loved to have hit the NWX, but sometimes a little fun in the snow beats none at all.

The 6"-7" overnight sure was light and fluffy!

snow conditions
No worries, glad you made it. NWX got tracked instantly but the Far East was nice.
snow conditions
No worries, glad you made it. NWX got tracked instantly but the Far East was nice.

Glad you got out there. Hope you enjoyed the fresh snow. Was way more crowded than I thought it would be.

ski holidays
More snow on the way for the WE. Sierras should see snow this weekend from the next storm coming in Friday night and Saturday. Central Oregon will get some too. Maybe 6" or so over the next 48hrs. Another system looks to be lurking off shore with a Monday arrival. Will be a bit warmer with some Southerly flow involved. Quite a nice way to celebrate Easter with some fresh powder.
snow report
The snow keeps coming.

A few inches with snow coming down all morning and early afternoon.

snow report
Blackcomb unexpectedly good today. Good vis, not much in the way of lines, stayed cold, nice pow to be found, bit of entertainment with the Saudan couloir race... snowHead
snow report
Forecast shaping up for another round of snow for the Cascades and Sierras on Monday night into Tuesday morning with unseasonably cool temps.
latest report
Winter is not letting go in the PNW. With almost 50" in 7 days last week, the storms continue to roll in off the Pacific with a hint of NW flow out of the Gulf of AK. That has Crystal Mtn. extending the season another few weeks.

Oregon Cascades are getting another storm with 5"-10" forecast over the next 24 hours with cool temps.

Snow pack in Oregon went from just under 70% to almost 88% during April.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy