Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - cheap accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for the cheapest possible accommodation in and around Flaine? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you're looking for, but I found a few places on AirBnB when I was researching my next trip...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 regarding it depending on exactly what/when and how big you need accommodation, but when i was looking around last year there were cheap apartment deals including lift pass on Sunweb ski website.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How cheap is cheap? I got a 2 bed inc flexi plus for £870 1 week in end of January.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
UCPA
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gustavobs wrote:
UCPA

+1, and it's one of the best for location

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/9990709?source_impression_id=p3_1571405256_HSCQXqZYZgUa%2F6PX&s=DbFHqAfU&check_in=2020-01-25&guests=1&adults=1&check_out=2020-02-01

Looks like a converted hallway, but for 3 works out £200pp for last week in Jan
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used sunweb last season (back end of march). We stayed (2 blokes) in the flaine foret apartments for about £280 each including lift pass. The digs were clean, quiet and basic and close to the main lift station and other amenities. Funnily enough I have had a look at the pricing today which is a little more but fairly similar.
Hoping to go back this season and would stay in these digs again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m travelling alone and as cheap as possible

Couldn’t find anything on airbnb or booking.com

Will try sunweb thanks

Thought about UCPA but don’t want dorm room. Do they do private rooms? Couldn’t find prices online either
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moseyp wrote:
I’m travelling alone and as cheap as possible

Couldn’t find anything on airbnb or booking.com

Will try sunweb thanks

Thought about UCPA but don’t want dorm room. Do they do private rooms? Couldn’t find prices online either

They have twin rooms. I met nice people at dorm share but there always chance to get unlucky. It’s a compromise but I can not recommend enough them, especially in Flaine
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gustavobs, thanks- don’t suppose you know rates or where I can find them? Not on website so will have to email
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Contact us page is just a newsletter sign up. I remember having a lot of trouble before getting hold of anyone in Chamonix to get rates
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
UK website only quotes all inclusive, and all I want is accommodation. Do they not do room only bookings?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@moseyp, Have you tried asking any Masters racers who train there what they do for accommodation ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moseyp wrote:
UK website only quotes all inclusive, and all I want is accommodation. Do they not do room only bookings?

I don’t think so. At least room, pass, food and equipment included. Some resorts might not have “no instruction” packages but I thought it was most of them

In flaine the only I can see “ UCPA Short Break 4 Day - No Instruction” in the region of £400. But it will include everything but lessons.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy