Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who said slalom skis aren't versatile ;p

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/bT86D4sjNnM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
haha, looks a bit like my 15 yr old, winds me up how he drops into anything on a pair of toothpicks while I watch and wonder then go down the easy way .
"Do you not fancy trying some wider skis son?" ..."nah you're alright dad" Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
excellent....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
*mild jealousy*
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It looked like all was reasonably firm going, easily manageable on skinny skis, especially at speed, a friend asked how I managed to get skinny skis to float in deeper snow, simples, just go really fast!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
excellent
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lovely, lovely skiing - but you would expect that of such a fellow.

Regular readers will know that I like a stiff slalom ski in powder...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very good, but I hate to break it to you, but that's not "powder", more like "snow". They are both white, but they aren't the same wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@philwig, did I say it was powder?

And, I do quite like a stiff SL in (proper) powder.

That said... a proper powder ski is better...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mate on race GS skis still makes it look so easy off piste. I need canoes Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
philwig wrote:
Very good, but I hate to break it to you, but that's not "powder", more like "snow". They are both white, but they aren't the same wink

+1 even after landing a jump, he hardly breaks the surface, excellent skiing, but it's not on powder or even remotely soft snow.
Really light fluffy powder can be skied easily on skinny skis, it's when it is deep heavy snow that wider skis are "needed"
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, very fun. yes it's work, (older school technique sometimes needed), but the work can be very fun.

@Scarpa, indeed, same as the above, but with less work (due to more float from more surface).

(d)admin and others know i love a race ski in the pow

notwithstanding the above..

that is not pow in that video. if anything, it's verging on slush at times.
"spring snow" ... ick
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Of course it is not powder. But it is stunningly impressive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy