Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any good hotel around Troyes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So myself and the other half have decided to do Calais to the Alps in 2 maybe 3 goes, depending on how we get on. A stop in Albertville is preferable as we’ve found a brilliant hotel in the middle of town which is close to local amenities for the week ahead, but the main stopping area will be around Troyes.

My question is, does anyone know any decent hotels, preferably with a hot tub / spa arrangement that we could get for a night going down as well as coming back (kind of thinking about our leg muscles when coming back, when Little Angel pressing the clutch and accelerator pedals).

Budget is about £100-£150 a night which is divided by 2 as it’s 2 of us.

Please feel free to suggest anything out of the budget zone as we can probably budget around it
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Val Moret south of Troyes. Very nice and has a spa.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hear that there's a very good hotel in Troyes called "Le cheval en Bois"..... Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Duplicate post.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 10-10-19 11:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We often drive to the alps for skiing and I would say that unless one particularly wants to visit somewhere en route eg. Reims it is easier to do the journey over two days and stay somewhere functional close to the autoroute. We stop en route in Accor hotels eg Novotel and Ibis styles for around £100 a night. (this is for a family of four but you would probably find the price similar as a couple). Most of these hotels have secure carparks.

If you want to treat yourselves to a spa before or after the holiday I would book an extra night in a hotel in the alps itself as there are some very nice spas there..eg. the one in St Gervais (see link below) which you could access by staying in a hotel nearby. Or you could stop in Brides les Bains if you were going to the Tarentaise. Alternatively spend a night in Annecy and visit the old town.

https://tourism.saintgervais.com/thermalisme/les-thermes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for le val Moret. Just 5 mins off the autoroute and a nice but unpretentious restaurant (you're in the south Champagne area, so enjoy the fizzy by the glass) and indoor swimming-pool and sauna. https://www.le-val-moret.com/en/ As with most places, the Menu Etape is very good value but only available weekdays. My wife's a vegetarian and she has a high opinion of their veggie option, which is the Menu Etape with a vegetarian platter replacing the meat main course (I'm not, but I've opted for it by choice on occasion). If you decide to stay, take time to look through the on-line menu options before you sit down to eat, as there's a wide choice of set and á là carte on offer.

We try to get one of the balcony rooms, as you can then leave the door ajar a bit in the night and still be secure. Parking is right outside the rooms, which is reassuring.

Logis de France do a good loyalty scheme, and you quickly build-up points for a euro discount voucher. If you opt to stay, join before you travel - it's easier than registering the stay after the event. https://www.logishotels.com/en/programme-fidelite-ologis
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+2 for Val Moret

Right off the motorway and park outside your door
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've stayed in La Foret d'Orient, Troyes

https://www.expedia.co.uk/Rouilly-Sacey-Hotels-Domaine-De-La-Foret-DOrient-NaturHotel-Golf-Spa.h14314.Hotel-Information?semcid=UK.UB.GOOGLE.PT-c-EN.HOTEL&semdtl=a1628521804.b177136957256.r1.g1dsa-474513535422.i179876376586.d1378557904228.e1c.j11006624.k1.f11t3.n1.l1g.h1b.m1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0bmi-NiR5QIVh8reCh1BSwUzEAAYAyAAEgI8vfD_BwE

Lovely hotel with a spa and golf course. The course was so wet in March they sold wellingtons in the pro shop!

I would recommend it though and you can get some amazing prices in the winter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I stayed at La Foret d'Orient in December last year as I had time to spare going down. It was a very nice hotel and the snow made it feel a bit more special.

When we are just blasting up and down the auto, we tend to use the Ibis at Troyes East. Car parking on site and a range restaurants in 5 mins walk. Also has Leclerc on site so cheap fuel and shopping. Its 5 mins from the auto route north/south. there is also another budget hotel B&B on the same site. I've paid 50 euro this tiem which is higher than it usually is. Its basic but it all works and I tend to save the difference to spend when I'm skiing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I often stop somewhere basic on the edge of Troyes. Last month though, for the first time in many years, I stayed in the centre. Troyes has some beautiful mediaeval buildings but since I last stayed the centre has also been made much nicer. The river area is great and there seemed to be a lot more restaurants to choose from.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Also stopped at Foret d"orient many years ago. Great family room with a mezzanine.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think you are missing out if you don't go into the centre of Troyes for drinks/dinner as it is a beautiful medieval town. The Mercure is pretty good and about a 10 min walk to the centre and doesn't take very long to get out of town from there. It also has secure parking which is a good idea if your car is visibly fully loaded.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy