Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2019/2020 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
polo wrote:
Flaine this morning, outside a friends apt....I'll be based there over the next few weeks to do some work / snowboarding

unnamed

is that around the back of the Eos?

I enjoyed a nice barbequed marshmallow on those benches a couple of years ago.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got very excited when I saw the above photo from @polo, and then found this link:

https://www.lemessager.fr/1485/article/2019-11-08/les-carroz-d-araches-des-travaux-dantesques-pour-elargir-la-piste-perce-neige

That should make a huge difference, as it can be quite a tricky one for beginners. Calling @Zorrac, do you know if they have also widened and taken some of the camber off the top as it comes off the Tete? I can't see in the pictures for sure and think it is maybe wishful thinking!
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mikeycharlton, it's the lower of the Pierre et Vacances buildings, although still an impressive 1750m alt.

First time being in one of those complexes, nice to have use of bar, restaurant, swimming pool, sauna, gym, underground parking and so on. Only the parking is open in November, but fully ski in / ski out to the door

Here's the view from the office today

IMG-8046
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@polo, yeah that's the Eos.

Nice place.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have skied GM many times over the years but always early or peak season. I know every year differs and generally it’s hard to say what any given time is like for snow but can those who are in the know give me an idea of average snow conditions to be expected end of March first week of April please. We would look to base ourselves at Samoens or Les Carroz. Many thanks in advance.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Usually at that time of year, pistes are quiet and conditions still quite good. Albeit, pistes start the day hard and soften at different times of the day, often each slope has a great 1 - 2 hour window when snow is just right. Looking at my photos taken around that time in each of the last 3 years :-
2017 - conditions below 1400m very poor and broken as very little snow fell after mid February.
2018 & 2019 - runs still wide and open down to Les Carroz 1200, with a few fresh falls from mid March to mid April. We always stay until mid April and have had many great late season days.
As I am sure you are aware, the Samoens slopes are north-facing and so hold their snow well.
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy