Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WhiteDot Preacher 179 Wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

My name is Razvan, I live and ski in Romania. Smile

I am looking for a WhiteDot Preacher 179 cm but I can't find it anywhere. WhiteDot has only the 169 cm version in stock, my height beeing 171 I figure it is too short for me.

Can anyone point me to another retailer that might have Preacher in stock? Do you have one for sale and would ship to Romania?

Regards,
Razvan
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Razvan, Worth trying Jon at https://www.thepisteoffice.com/

If he does not have them in stock, he just might know somebody that is thinking of selling some prior to making a new purchase.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks mate,

I've wrote an email to Jon. Been following him on Instagram for ages. Smile
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitedot seem to have 2018 model 179cm on sale on their factory outlet page?
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, we shouldn't have! I'll check that now.

@mofo, I think your only chance is second hand.

OR

You could try the Ronde110 in the smaller size. Check out the specs on our website, and reviews from the recent OktoberTest.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@midgetbiker,

Preacher seems more fit for snow conditions here in Romania. I spend most of my time on piste but I am drawn to off-piste and Preacher seems a ski that could handle both. I have WhiteDot One already, but it is a little too soft for carving. Smile

latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@midgetbiker, @mofo sorry my mistake, the page shows all the lengths it came in on the page which I mistook for the availability which is actually in a drop down below which only then has 169
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jon will know the goss on who has a pair they might consider letting go of. I've a pair but they are 189.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mofo, you're kidding? The One is possibly the easiest ski to carve that I've used. Can't see a Preacher being easier given the extra width, even if they do ski more likely something narrower.

I'd go for the Altum 114 (Asbo) if you're keen on Whitedots.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@mofo, you're kidding? The One is possibly the easiest ski to carve that I've used. Can't see a Preacher being easier given the extra width, even if they do ski more likely something narrower.

I'd go for the Altum 114 (Asbo) if you're keen on Whitedots.

Yes, very easy to carve, I love it. But also not very stable at higher speeds, over 50 km/h, I feel I am loosing control. I expect Preacher beeing a bit heavier and rigid to be more stable. Am I wrong?
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Preacher definitely more rigid but if you're charging like that I'd be more tempted by the Asbo.
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No luck with Jon Smile I will keep looking.
snow conditions     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have the preacher in 189 and Kastle mx 88 in 188.

The preacher is a great ski but if you want to go fast consider some Kastle.
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've skied Kastle RX, fantastic ski. Felt like I was on rails Smile

50 or 60 km/h is my cruise speed on piste, I am sure that Preacher can handle it.
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@mofo, I suspect you're in the right place here - have patience: I suspect you will get what you want eventually.

Whitedot and snowHeads have been close since the early days of both and a lot of snowHeads have pairs of Preachers.
With the OktoberTest just happened, a lot of snowHeads will be trying to justify buying a new pair of skis and a willing buyer for their old pair could just swing the decision Wink
ski holidays     
Up Smile
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy