Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ebay goggle prescription inserts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody used cheap goggle prescription inserts, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284578255181?

I've got some circa 10 year old Bollé goggles that are perfectly good, but now I need glasses to read (some) skimaps and while I can ski without glasses distance vision is that little bit crisper with them. Whenever I can I wear sports glasses with prescription insert and options of dark, clear or yellow lenses but there are certain conditions like snow where goggles are vital. The goggles I've got won't fit over my glasses and I don't like the idea of contact lenses.

I note that Bollé do an insert (that fits some stated models - probably not designed for mine as my goggles are so old), but that is circa £60!

My concern is whether something that cheap off Ebay is going to be ok. The issues might be that it is not well made and lenses cannot be made to fit or will not stay in (a question I will ask the supplier I use for prescription lenses).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For £2.70 does it really matter? Buy a set then take them to an optician and see what they say.

What puts you off contact lenses? They work fine for lots of people, me included. I may need to stop wearing them because of COVID though so will be interested in how you get on with inserts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That looks identical to the ones I got from Specsavers, forget how much I paid for them now but was fairly cheap iirc, they worked perfectly in my Oakley and Bolle goggles, definitely recommend them
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eh? I just bought 3 pairs of those (or got as far as checkout, anyway) and at no point was I asked what my prescription was. The cost in these things is making the lenses, surely, not the trifling bit of plastic.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Look very similar in material and construction to those that came with my very cheap Rock Bros photochromic cycling sunglasses. Specsavers fitted the lenses, warned me that they couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't break the insert during fitting. They didn't. 5 years on the plastic has suffered from the sun and is very crazed but still in one piece.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@pam w, they don't come with prescription lenses, which will add £90 (at least the place I have used)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.sportseyeweardirect.co.uk/Prescription-Inserts/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6NOPBhCPARIsAHAy2zBPLCZ8vimQFzPJWLO_qb9fZghKUw_FjhNMg3J3BBAOww7J-01VGS0aAqR5EALw_wcB

These people sell them with lenses for £50 and will send you a range of different inserts without glazing to try in your goggles before you buy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For my Quest VR headset, someone produced a 3d printable lense cover. The idea is you buy a specific type of glasses from Zenni as the 3d printable object was made for them. It worked out better value to get 2x pairs due to fixed shipping from USA. Took weeks to come, but worked perfectly.
I wonder if there is a 3d printable option for goggles.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I tried these a few years ago but they just kept fogging up. So I just ended up getting a visor helmet and looking a bit of a lady's front bottom lol.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Prescription optical ski goggles with built-in varifocal lenses that avoid the nightmare of misting and fogging up by not using stand-alone optical frame inserts - review here

I'm not a great goggle wearer but when needs must they are the only ones that work for these past couple of years.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiingPete wrote:
Anybody used cheap goggle prescription inserts, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284578255181?

I've got some circa 10 year old Bollé goggles that are perfectly good, but now I need glasses to read (some) skimaps and while I can ski without glasses distance vision is that little bit crisper with them. Whenever I can I wear sports glasses with prescription insert and options of dark, clear or yellow lenses but there are certain conditions like snow where goggles are vital. The goggles I've got won't fit over my glasses and I don't like the idea of contact lenses.

I note that Bollé do an insert (that fits some stated models - probably not designed for mine as my goggles are so old), but that is circa £60!

My concern is whether something that cheap off Ebay is going to be ok. The issues might be that it is not well made and lenses cannot be made to fit or will not stay in (a question I will ask the supplier I use for prescription lenses).

I bought a pair of these fully equipped with lenses specifically made for me (with cylinder on both sides) directly from a supplier on Aliexpress for about 16$ to use in my Bollé goggles. They're working like a charm. One of the best deals ever. Since the invention of nano cloths fogging isn't an issue any more. At least not for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy